HubSpot Ideas

DBowers3

Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

379件のコメント
abirnbaum
メンバー

yes,  neeeeed to associate contacts to many companies please

PavelQ
メンバー

Hi there, a news? It is important for meny hubspot users. 240likes and I found two years old messages!

Carolyn1
参加者

We would need this in the Marketing Hub as well. Is this available yet?

gelflex-cc
キーアドバイザー

@Carolyn1 It is my understanding it is currently a paid feature.

abirnbaum
メンバー

i keep asking support and get the same answer - no this is not available at this time  -  we like many really need to associate contacts to multiple companies.  the software is limiting without it

krispag
トップ投稿者

As many have repeatedly stated, it is available and working, but you must request Beta access from your success manager.

parryp
メンバー

Still looking to get this feature! Upvoted!

zackdarling
メンバー

Yes! Our company needs this feature.

brandREACH
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Absolutely. There are several Contacts I have, working for different companies. Would be very useful to have this feature.

gelflex-cc
キーアドバイザー

@DBowers3 

@jennysowyrda 

There are a lot of people behind this idea which resides in the planning stages. I am concerned about the actual implementation of execution.  I have multiple people associated with 20+ businesses.  I need to understand how multiple relationship components will play out.

For this example, the company names are not important just easier for me to map out.

Jenny, Courtney, Kyle, and Jorie work at HubSpot. 

Jenny and Kyle also work with Microsoft.

Courtney and Jorie work with Apple.

Kyle has a project with Acme.

Jorie has a project with Amazon.

Jenny has a project with a separate division of HubSpot.

Now for the questions:

-How is everything connected?

- Does this open the door for Apple, Acme, Amazon and the separate division of HubSpot to see everything else their contact are working on with other companies? If so, what are the pros and cons?

- What happens to the connections if the contact leaves the initial company and goes to work for the secondary company?

Ideally, I would like a way to keep contact information specific to that contact and have to assign the company for details. However, as I type this out, it seems to make things more complicated and less automated. 

SO....in the planning stage, what is being proposed?  What is being considered? Is there someone else (outside of HubSpot) who does this well? If  yes, could what they are doing be used as an idea board?

ステータスに更新: In Beta
jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all, thank you for your interest in this feature! Please fill out this form if you would like to be ungated for our "Related Companies" beta feature.

This feature will add a secondary card to your Contact records called "Related Companies". From this card, you can add a related company and choose the contact's role at that company from a pre-set list: Board Member, Contractor, Manager, Owner, Partner, Reseller. These roles cannot be modified at this time.

Please note that this is the extent of the feature at this time - contacts can not be segmented based on their related companies, and the related company and role cannot be imported at this time.

cyclechris
メンバー

I also think that being able to associate one contact with multiple entities makes sense.

I also would like to see the ability to tell HubSpot "Send an email to this person, but rather than updating the CRM contact properties, just use the properties in this list I have uploaded".

I would like to see the ability to upload to a static list with a checkbox that says "use the fields in this list for email personalization, not the CRM, do not update the CRM from this list".

That way, when I upload a list with champions/consultants/evangelists, whatever type of contact has more than one entity associated with them, I know any personalization will be based on what is in that particular static list and not what is in the CRM.

kevinelite
参加者

Regarding being "ungated for our "Related Companies" beta feature, how many secondary companies can be added to a contact record if this feature is ungated?

TIA

jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @kevinelite , the limit is 10,000 related companies.

kevinelite
参加者

Thanks @jsg121 

cottley
参加者

This is a big problem with us. We work with farmers who have to split up their business into multiple names simply because they have large amounts of acreage in different cities and counties and sometimes states. We have the dilemma on almost every deal we create - which most of the time necessitates re-assigning a contact to a different company. But a lot of times the deal affects multiple companies . . . so the deal doesn't reflect what is actually happening.

Alexandra
参加者

Hi,

This is really to be considered as the association of a contact to only one company is really a pain point.

Thanks

Alexandra

Emmanouil
参加者

I definitely support this

kelseygalarza
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

There are many many instances where this is necessary. Our use case is a hierarchical org where a parent company has child companies, and some of the contacts are associated with multiple child companies (eg; regional managers, area vps etc.) and currently this is impossible.

RocketDollar
参加者

I've sent an application to become part of the beta. 

This is important because people will work at a company (for example Dell) but then they come to us through a referral partner Acme Real Estate. It's an associate company, but they don't work there. We don't want to clutter up Acme real estate with all their clients they referred to us. 

We also would like to associate contacts with other contacts.