HubSpot Ideas

DBowers3

Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

379 Comentários
H31
Membro

Me and my company are looking for a new CRM. Hubspot seems great, but with this feature missing we will have to investigate other options. We work in an industry with many consultants who represent different companies. Our CRM system needs to make it easier for our sales staff to see relationships between companies and follow up important contacts who are representing several companies simultaniously. I urge you to finish this feature as soon as possible if you aim to convince new customers. In our case, we would like a heads up on when we can expect such a feature in hubspot.

jessicafaulkner
Membro

This is a brilliant idea, and critical to how our business functions. This will enable us to get the most out of HubSpot!

terho
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

Any news on how this is proceeding? It has been "In planning" for a while....

Terho Norja

Roger Studio 

DaveE
Participante

This would be very useful for us too - please, implement this functionality!

terho

Hi,

Is there any progress or even hope that this feature is implemented some time?

Best Regards,
Terho Norja

terho.norja@rogerstudio.fi

Roger Studio Oy

DBowers3
Participante | Parceiro

HI Folks,

We've been using the Beta for a while. It allows us to associate contacts to 'related companies'. Although we are unable to change the contact role labels (Advisor, Board member,Contractor, Manager, Owner, Partner, Reseller). Ask your HubSpot account manager to enable this feature (Professinal or Enterprise may be required).

tlpaul
Membro

We tried the beta, but it doesn't allow for true branch functionality.  We gave up and went with Salesforce, which aside from Zoho, was the only platform that could support this on both the CRM and Marketing sides.

Saori
Participante

This function is necessary.

Because we want to limk the informartion of Business Partners and the end users.

terho

@DBowers3 does the Beta allow you filtering the contacts using Company information from "related company"? That is the critical use case for us

BR,

Terho

jennifer_AB
Membro

This is a huge issue for us - we are in an industry that relies heavily with consultants, advisors, dealers, brokers, etc. who often are the point-of-contact for multiple businesses we deal with, and which are not related at all. 

Without having that contact associated with multiple accounts, we also lose all email communications on the company level, which is awful - it's already hard enough that Hubspot doesn't pull from the email server, but requires the contact to already be associated with a company before the email history is logged on a company level.

This is a crucial aspect of our business as our weekly analysis also requires the companies be separate. Considering there aren't any current workarounds, either, is quite worrisome (and frustrating).

JuliaArtBinder
Membro

This is super important to our business! We work with many people who act as advisors as well as collection managers and need to associate them to multiple accounts.

Thank you!

DennisCooley
Membro

Much needed feature.  One example in my scenerio is a CPA who ownes their business but does work for/with several businesses that I also do business with.  I need the CPA contact (in this case) to be associated with multiple companies. 

KennethW
Membro

This is critical. I cannot believe this does not exist in this CRM product.

yoni_trumper
Membro

In our case, companies could be universities, research institutes as well as scientific journals and publishing houses.

A single contact (a scientist, Prof./Phd.) Could be a relevant contact to a few of those.
He could be working as a Principal Investigator (Research) in a Research Institute, and as an Editor or Chief editor on several Scientific Journals.

In our industry, it is common that they use the same email address (the one from the research institute) for all of their activities across companies.

Lo35
Participante

Hello,

We start working with Hubspot, but this is a big problem to work.Smiley triste
We are in B2B2C with independant workers (contact) who work up to 8 of our partners (company)...
We are on free formula, we are waiting for the possibility of associating a contact with several companies to be possible to add paying formulas.

DennisCooley
Membro

Not that it helps in all scenarios, but I have found that a single contact can be part of multiple deals - even if the deal is associated with a company that they are not an associated contact.  The contact still cannot be associated to multiple companies alone, but the multiple deal association helps.  I'm new to this discovery and it seems to have helped us some in the sales cycle.  Not sure what I'll do in the service cycle until this association is more flexible.

raylawrence
Participante

+1 We havea number of commonplace i.e. not edge case scenarios where we need this.

Lo35
Participante

You are right @DennisCooley. But in our case, we search wich contact we will solicit for one company.

Daniel_Straub
Membro

pleaes implement this feature. absolutely crucial to be able to manage contacts.

Christelle
Membro

I would like to be informed about this feature : we desperately need to associate contacts to their company on one hand, and to possible local collectivities they are working for.

Thank you !