HubSpot Ideas

DBowers3

Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

379件のコメント
Palmaricciotti
メンバー

Hi, this is so common for our business and critical. We have individual consultants / buyers that are the main and ONLY contact for multiple companies of ours. Not sure how I am going to overcome this. Anybody with any ideas? Might have to create the same contact multiple times e.g. Joe Smith Company A, Joe Smith Company B, etc. Hopefully added soon into Hubspot.

erinmb
メンバー

I would use this

LindsayAgor
参加者

Much needed to work with Salesforce Contact to Multiple Accounts.... right now when Salesforce feature is enabled HUbspot throws sync errors 

This is the Salesforce feature guide

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=shared_contacts_overview.htm&type=5

brockpardo
メンバー

An absolute must for us in real estate.

Also: need to make sure that a contact can also have a deal independent of their company. I.e. you can purchase one home as an individual, another as part of a company.

A deal with a company should auto-associate all linked contacts, but a deal with a contact shouldn't auto-associate their linked companies.

tlpaul
メンバー

We also need this.  We've spent a # of cycles trying unsuccessfully to work around this.

@Hubspot Team: If you have an update, please let us know.  Otherwise, we are planning to leave and move over to Zoho, which does support this.

DanniTinez
メンバー

We really need this functionality too, finding it really difficult mapping our parent and child companies in the CRM.

tlpaul
メンバー

Can anyone recommend another product/company that supports this?

We've currently found that Zoho and I think Salesforce can do this; but that ActiveCampaign and HubSpot cannot.

We are looking for an all in one option with email tracking, crm (that can associate multiple companies with a single contact), and marketing automation.  Seems like it doesn't really exist.

Palmaricciotti
メンバー

Hi all, Hubspot replied to me saying this in production and had developed it and was in testing and I think released soon. So good news. Would be good to hear from Hubspot where this is at.

Robert

tlpaul
メンバー

Robert, thanks for the update.

That is significant news.  I wish we could get an official communication from them with more reliable timing.  I sent them a message on Twitter but no reply.

Salesforce + Pardot are sending a team over on Tue. to pitch us on their combined suite.  So far, it's our only option, aside from Zoho.

Palmaricciotti
メンバー

yes, I was sent a Beta version to look at, I replied and got an answer some time later. That was weeks agao, not sure where it is at now.  Given the amount of requests for this, I would have thought Hubspot would be eagerly communicating the good news and its progress.

tlpaul
メンバー

Likewise.  Thanks for the field report.

(I am replying in part in the hopes that someone from HubSpot notices activity on this thread and chooses to update us on this issue.)

davidrevis
投稿者

This is really really needed by us for things like associating Facilities Managers with both the FM company they work for and the end client who we are selling to whose buildings they manage. 

ShanePunt
投稿者 | Elite Partner

This is 100% needed as any company with dealerships or businesses with agents (i.e. property) cant use the CRM. 

Not having this feature is one of the key reasons why some of our clients cant use HubSpot even though they love the marketing side of the platform. This is needed yesterday. 

sergiob
メンバー

Please do this asap! It is overdifficulting our processes

Ariel_Kadro
メンバー

So here is another Use Case 

In this use case Contact-Patricia K works for Commerce.  However she is the CSM for Staybridge and Tallars.  What is the best way for me to associate Patricia with these other companies and keep her at Commerce? 

In other CRMs I can add a custom field that makes you pick from existing contacts.  Zoho does this, I hope HubSpot can   

terho
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Hi,
I'm planning a new implementation and confronting this issue of not being able to associate a single contact to more than one company.
Can Hubspot tell anything about the schedule of the implementation?

Best Regards,

Terho Norja, Roger Studio Oy

ShanePunt
投稿者 | Elite Partner

Hi All

So we have a real bastardised solution for our client who manages multiple property tenants/ owners and needs to send emails based on the buildings people live in/ own and the owner/ renter status. We have created a "holding" pipeline and use deals in there as the unique identifier based on deal custom deal properties. Because deals can have multiple contacts associated with them this allows us to associate contacts who are owners or tenants but live in the same building (the building is the "deal").

Like I said its a bastardised solution, but allows us to build our mailing lists as needed.

DBowers3
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Thanks Shane,

We've done that as well. However, it does not work for many of our business needs. I am happy to report that I am beta testing this feature, and while not perfect (due to pre-defined roles) it does work and I would expect it to be available soon.

Ariel_Kadro
メンバー

@DBowers3 are you saying HubSpot has this in Beta?  

tlpaul
メンバー

We've been testing this but it breaks when it comes to making lists.

Here's our test:

We created:
  • Test Contact
  • Test Company 1
  • Test Company 2
When you view the contact from within HubSpot CRM, you can see that Test Company 1 is this contact's Company.  Then if you scroll down further on the left side you see that it also has 1 Related Company: Test Company 2. <-- This is the new feature.

That's better than before, where you couldn't establish a relationship at all.  At least now you can see all of the companies associated with a contact, even if there's an implied hierarchy that doesn't really make sense in our context. 

But here's the problem: Creating lists.

We gave Test Company 1 a Revenue value of $1,000,001 and Test Company 2 a Revenue value of $1,000,002.  Then we created 2 simple lists:

Test Rev 1,000,001  
Test Rev 1,000,002

Only the 1st one returns the Test Contact. So  the Related Companies feature is not useful for generating lists based on Related Company attributes. 

If we made a mistake and someone else has had luck with this, let me know!