HubSpot Ideas

Madison1

Associate logged emails to most recent deals in the Gmail Chrome Sales Extension

The Chrome extension automatically selects the first three created deals when logging and email, rather than the most recent ones. This causes customers to maunally search for the newest ones every time they are logging and email, which is not user friendly.

4 Replies
SBond

Using the Chrome Sales Extension, the default setting for logging an email to a Deal is to show the first three deals associated with that contact. However, I would like the option to show the three most recent deals. I think this would be beneficial for companies that have a lot of repeat business. Thanks for considering it!

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-exte...

DanielleSUrban
Participant

I've run into this with 2 clients and I'm sure I'll run into more down the road. Would love to see this updated!

CBader
Contributor | Partner

The default logging options for emails in the Chrome sales extension do not work as expected if a contact has more than 3 associated deals.

The Knowledge Base documentation says:

By default, the Chrome extension will automatically select the contact's first three associated deal records to log emails to.

Expected behavior: Log emails to the 3 MOST RECENT associated deals
Actual behavior: Log emails to the 3 OLDEST associated deals

Once a contact has more than 3 deals, all future correspondence is logged only to their oldest deals. Sales reps have to manually search for current deals to log to on every single email to that contact. This is an unacceptable waste of time.

The best workaround that we have come up with so far is to remove the old closed deal associations from contacts with more than 3 deals, and instead use a pinned note at the top of the timeline to point to the formerly associated records. This is hardly ideal. But our sales reps don't have time to sift through old deals every time they send an email.

HubSpot, please fix this issue with default logging to deals on the Chrome sales extension. Thank you.

SHodges45
Participant

We would like this to be updated such that no emails are logged on old, closed deals. And we'd like to update the default to only log the 1 most recent deal (if there is an open deal). We'd love to be able to update these defautls for both the gmail and outlook plugins