HubSpot Ideas

Rangrachel

Associate existing quote to a different deal

Once a quote has been created, its deal association can no longer changed. For example, if I were to create Quote A, it was originally associated with Deal B. However, we only realized that it was associating to the wrong deal after the quote has been published. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the association of Quote A to Deal A at this time and quotes would have to be manually created again. 

64 Replies
clahey
Member | Diamond Partner

UPVOTE! 

Just ran into this and it seems super easy to accomplish if the Quote hasn't been sent or has been recalled. 

lgancarz

We also ran into this today where a quote was accidentally associated with the wrong deal. It would be great if we could change the deal the quote is associated with!

CCosgrove

Let's get this happening asap - it is so so important. 

GeorgeBThomas
Guide | Elite Partner

Yep, ran into a situation where "move quote" would have been a real lifesaver! A beta or an update would be amazing here.

DAnaGuiloff
Top Contributor | Partner

Agreed, trying to get clients to make use of the quoting tool and the limitations (like this one) make it a harder sell to use. This time it bit ME in the behind because I forgot and cloned the quote, which was attached to another deal.

For anyone else dealing (pun intended) with this:

Workaround #1 - download quote pdf and attach to the correct deal ** NOT ideal since this isn't dynamic and just a moment in time, but at least it is attached to the correct deal **

Workaround #2 - create a deal property of quote & put the quote link in it **AGAIN NOT ideal, but at least this version is dynamically linked to the quote itself*

ICaballero

please make this happend.

JSchmitz
Participant

Agree with others in this thread. This is such a commonly used functionality it's amazing that it doesn't exist today.

PChach

Need this (today). Any chance it will be rolled out soon? 

KNye

We really need this asap! It would save so much time to be able to clone previously made quotes and assign them to a new deal. 

cjl2016
Participant

Definitely upvoting this -- it would be great to have this functionality!

ADerbyshire

+1, We can reassign so many other things. Not being able to reassign quotes is a huge time sink and unnecessary. Please add this functionality.

KBoettcher
HubSpot Employee

This would be very helpful and save a lot of time! 

DMessmer1

I also have a similar situation where a quote was created within the wrong deal.  Would be so helpful to be able to move it to the correct deal.

SMiller4

I agree this would be very helpful, I did find that if I create a duplicate deal through a workflow to add the deal to another pipeline, the quote transfers over to that new deal.  If that is already happening, wouldn't it be possible to transfer quote to another account? 

AStauder

When is this coming? Come on, at least replying ONCE would just be common decency!

kylesebastian
Participant

This is sorely needed and I'm hoping for an update from the HubSpot development team!!

DLeary

Hubspot, you must be kidding me.  You now have a "clone" function for a quote, but it can't be associated with a different deal?  I'm losing faith in these forums and upvoting ideas is a complete waste of time.  Hubspot, you need to get serious about these forums where real users have real needs.  Quotes is not ready for prime time and I do not recommend others use it until Hubspot addresses a host of issues that are posted all over these forums.  

VMehta

Need this ASAP! takes a lot of time to re make the quote ! please fasttrack this 

EricaD
Participant

Please add this! 

SHalligan9

Is this still an issue? I need to move a quote from one deal to another, can I still not do that? Surely this has been 'fixed' by Hubspot? This is very frustrating. Can a Hubspot moderator please respond? 

Thanks

Sinead