HubSpot Ideas

NGosz

Associate a form submissions with the associated company record

At this time, form submissions are only associated with the contact record.

It would be helpful for sales reps to be able to view all form submissions that have happened for a company within the company record

This would be especially helpful when working large accounts with multiple decision-makers and buyers. 

29 Comentários
CGozikowski
Membro

It would be a game changer to have forms associate with the company. We are looking to send onboarding forms to our clients and when they return, automatically link back to the company and populate properties.

MPastranaRios
Participante

Where does this issue stand? If I created a file property within company properties and I use it in a form. How do I make sure it is associated with the correct company when the form is submitted?

The contact properties are within the form, but based on what I am reading in all these comments, it wont get linked to the associated company for the contact. Is that correct?

The original post by @NGosz is from 2020, how is this not fixed yet?

DVerdyck
Participante

This would be a great feature.

jnieves2231
Membro

This would be so helpful!! Right now it's double work to look up a contact, then view their company to make sure there are no other contacts listed. To be able to accurate data from the companies tab would be so much more efficient. 

Jazzmin
Participante

It would be so helpful to be able to view form submissions on company records and also be able to associate with deal records. In our use cases form submissions ('conbtact us forms') are very often a source for deals, so it would be nice to be able to have the whole conversation history visible on all main records (contact, company, deal).

MPastranaRios
Participante

Hello Everyone, 

I have found a slight workaround. It doesn't totally solve all our problems, as it still won't automatically associate the company with the contact, but I have found a way for a contact to add information directly to their company profile.  Since I am using this for existing customers or leads that already have a company profile, it is easier to do. I haven't tried to use this for a new contact. 

I created a form submission with regular contact information and added company properties. If you have them add their domain name within the domain name property, it will correlate any other company properties to their company profile.  I am using this for a form submission.  So they are adding a PDF to their company profile. 

What I don't know is if there are other ways within a workflow to actually associate the contact to a company automatically since the workflows are limited to one source data (Contacts OR Deal). 

@CGozikowski have you tried this?

Hubspot, When will you make this happen?

JElston
Participante

Yes please this is desperately needed! We have a registration form that contacts complete, but workflows can only be triggered by contact enrollment and not by company enrollment, so it makes it a lot more difficult to have changes made on companies. Some contacts have more than one company associated with them, and I don't want to amend the other companies that haven't been through the registration form. Please push development on this to the top! Thank you

JElston
Participante

I have a possible solution for now - we created a company information data field "form submission" which I added to my form as a hidden field and "completed" as the default value. When the form is submitted by the contact, then the company field is updated on the specific company that was created/updated from the form. 

Now the workflow is "company enrollment" type and the trigger is that the "form submission" field = "completed"

AmeyC
Membro

Upvote from me, also.

Need to associate form submissions with

1. Contacts

2. Deals

3. Tickets

But not automated by generating deals and/or tickets. Our form submissions may or may not become Deals. Our Deals, when quotes are signed and paid, become Tickets where our engineers project manage their workflow. Deals are the workflow for all internal operations. SO it would be very helpful if we could associate form responses to all 3.