HubSpot Ideas

niron_maha

Associate a Reply to a Ticket Workflow Email with Ticket

For: for ServiceHub and support issues.

Goal: user centricity

Value: more personalised experience for the user

Examples: Users can respond directly to the automated support email from HubSpot and add additional information for their support requests.  (without additional new tickets being created)

It would be great if users were able to respond to automated support emails and add more information to their support requests.

Currently, you can set up automated emails using workflows (via marketing hub). However, if a user were to respond to a automated message then an additional new ticket is created. It would be good if the feature was directly enabled in ServiceHub and the conversations were threaded. 

24 Replies
vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Vijay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Conversations Inbox tool. This feature is now live to everyone! There are a few ways to use this feature:

1) You can use the "Ticket Received" & "Ticket Closed" emails that are provisioned in your portals. Any replies to these emails will be threaded and show up in the conversations Inbox. We now have these templates for service hub starter customers as well. More details here

2) If you want to use your own email templates that you've created in HubSpot, you can choose an inbox connected email to send these emails from and replies to that will show up in the inbox (threaded to the original email). You can use these email templates in the workflow builder to automate your process 

Thank you for all your feedback and patience. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @vvadlamani, I wonder if you could clear something up for me.

The "Ticket Received" and "Ticket Closed" emails are wonderful, but it seems they do not get logged on the ticket when they are sent out. Is that the expected behavior? Responses from the customer get logged and any additional outbound messages sent from a service team get logged, but those automated emails do not get logged on the record. Is that correct?

In addition to "Ticket Opened" and "Ticket Closed" emails, we also trigger a "Ticket Escelated" email to the customer. Seeing all of these auto-generated messages on the ticket itself would be clutch.

Additionally, when a support rep is ready to field a new ticket, if it was generated by a service form or a chat, there is no clean way to reply to the initial inquiry and include the entire context of the open ticket. If we could see the initial "Ticket Opened" email that includes all of the contexts of the ticket, service reps could just reply to that email... if it was there on the ticket.

Any suggestions on how we can see all messages sent to customers related to their ticket on their ticket? (Specifically auto-generated marketing emails sent by ticket-based workflows) 

Thanks in advance.

LPowers
Participant

To tag on to this, it would be helpful if when within a ticket, one of the activities that could be filtered by/ viewed included Marketing Emails within a Workflow activity that the ticket was enrolled. Just a suggestion. I find it uneasy, not being able to see the automated emails sent within a workflow that a ticket is enrolled. I fear we may end up duplicating it, because we are still learning and don't trust the workflows yet.

We are also experiencing issues with writing workflows to updated with a customer reply due to the automated emails not being associated with the ticket.  This is a critical feature to be included.

lukecro
Participant

I'm still confused by this implementation...

Using the instructions in https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/automate-ticket-status I set up an template response to auto-reply to tickets that meet certain trigger conditions...

The workflow triggers correctly, and the resulting email looks good...

But this automated email doesn't get logged in the ticket in-line with the rest of the ticket activity records or ticket-email records... 

So when looking at the ticket, there's no clear record of the automated email having actually been sent.

Then, if the customer replies, then, finally, this does get recorded in the ticket's sidebar as an associated Conversation... And that Conversation does link back to the Ticket....

However, once again none of this appears in-line within the ticket Activity panel or the ticket's Email panel ...

If you're working out of the Tickets interface instead of Conversations, then you'd have no idea the customer responded unless you just happened to open up that particular ticket and actively looked through the sidebar to see if there were any new Conversations associated with it.

Forcing the rep to break their work up across the Ticket and a (basically) separate Conversation.

This bifurcation of the data also appears to break the the basic Hubspot Ticket automation logic of "Update Ticket Status: A customer replies to an email: Change Status to 'Waiting on Us'" -- since the customer's reply to the automated email is not treated as an actual reply to the ticket.... 

A rather critical break, when a team's work processes are based entirely around ticket stages and ticket updates.

Am I missing some steps or a decent workaround, or is this just the way it is?