HubSpot Ideas

niron_maha

Associate a Reply to a Ticket Workflow Email with Ticket

For: for ServiceHub and support issues.

Goal: user centricity

Value: more personalised experience for the user

Examples: Users can respond directly to the automated support email from HubSpot and add additional information for their support requests.  (without additional new tickets being created)

It would be great if users were able to respond to automated support emails and add more information to their support requests.

Currently, you can set up automated emails using workflows (via marketing hub). However, if a user were to respond to a automated message then an additional new ticket is created. It would be good if the feature was directly enabled in ServiceHub and the conversations were threaded. 

24 Replies
basil
Key Advisor

Workflows are great to send notification emails to customers related to tickets (e.g. when they open a ticket, or close a ticket or don't respond for multiple days).

However, when a customer replies to such an email, it doesn't get associated with the ticket, but gets again sent to our conversations inbox. These emails should get associated with the ticket!

MrDorf

This would be incredibly useful and increase the value of Service Hub to our support team in a huge way.

Right now we can't use workflows that involve communication with a client (which limits their usefulness significantly) with service hub tickets at all because any reply will be captured in the contact record, not the ticket. This means our communication with a client about a single issue is now fragmented and scattered. 

For Service Hub to fully replace our old ticketing system, which is our intent, we need to any workflow that enrolls based on a ticket value to return any replies and meeting notifications into the ticket record.

cambria
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the idea! This is something we're currently exploring how to support. I'll update this thread when I have more details around implementation. 

Herschel
Top Contributor

We are transitioning onto Service Hub and were dissappointed to find that (unlike our previous help desk solution) Hubspot does not have the ability to send automated email replies in line with email threads that created or are associated with existing tickets.

If we are to use Hubspot's automated Workflow emails to send updates or other correspondence related to customers tickets, we will have to manually merge new tickets that are created when customers respond to these automated emails. This will create additional work for our customer service team, increase the potential for duplication of efforts or for pertient customer communications to be missed and overall offer our customers an inferior customer service experience.

@cambria has there been any progress on when we will see this feature implemented? 

traviswaye

We need this as well @cambria 

7ooL
Participant

Yes i would like to see a replay to an email be associated with the ticket directly as an update to the activity. 

jotero

@cambria I would also be interested in an update on this. It would also help if (when using the email > ticket function) a reply email did not generate a new ticket but maybe moves the existing ticket to a different stage in the pipeline. 

Lastly, ideally we would have an option to choose if we wanted to use the Inbox for incoming emails or just tickets. Right now, if you want an email to come in as a ticket, it also comes in through the Inbox. This causes double work, especially when replies are generating completly new tickets.

Svenna
Participant

This is currently our main issue after moving from another service system to hubspot. Looking forward to a fix,workaround,feature 🙂

efiro
Participant

We are currently testing the enterprise version and this is a major downgrade for us. Please make it happen @cambria 

jotero

@cambria any updates on this?

cambria
HubSpot Product Team

Happy to announnce that this is now in beta! Please fill out this form if you'd like early access. 

adussault

This would be very helpful!

jotero

@cambria any updates on this or which parts of this thread are available in beta? also, where do I locate the portal ID to gain access to this?

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

We just started using the Service Hub on behalf of one of our agency clients, and I was quite surprised to find there seems to be no way (that I can figure out) to send an automated email containing any info about the ticket, to the person who submitted the ticket. Ticket properties are not available as personalisation tokens in an automated (or any) email. So all you can send is a generic email saying "we received your request...". 

I assumed this was because we are on free service hub, but now see this is a wider issue. Will the beta (and eventual release) make this basic feature available on all Service Hub plans, including free?

MrDorf

@cambria Hi, is there an update on this? I applied for the Beta with the link you posted in a previous post, however nohting seems to have changed as of today and/or I don't understand what's specifically happening in the beta that's different than before. Can you provide any additional information?

RosaMFM

@cambriaHi, yesterday I sent the form to request the activation of the trial version.

My company work with the Hubspot Enterprice.

How can I find out if you received my application and when would I have it available?

lorenzo72c
Member | Platinum Partner

@cambria Hi, I applied for the beta with the link you posted, but I didn't see any change to the portal. Is the beta still available?Thanks!

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

I have also applied for the beta a couple of times now over the last few months and heard nothing back. 

therealdb
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Everyone! 

I'm taking over the ungate process for this feature from Cambria -- email me directly if you'd like access: dbarron@hubspot.com

db

AnnaScotland
Contributor

I have filled out the form online and am very keen to have access to Beta as we have transitioned from Zendesk and are really struggling to manage email chains due to this issue