HubSpot Ideas

Brett_Weaver

Associate Tasks with Contacts AND Companies by default

Hello,

It would be very helpful to automatically have a Task which was created under a Contact also be associated with the Contact's Company.

There are mentions of this on the community forum already for a couple of different reasons. My reason is as follows:

When I create tasks for various contacts, work those tasks, and find that I may have forgotten to disposition/complete all tasks during that process, it would be great to be able to pull up the Company page and view all tasks associated with the company to get a view of which I may have missed.  HubSpot CRM seems to be completely lacking a way to sort tasks by company, both in the above format as well as in on the Tasks pages.

Looking forward to this functionality being implemented.

-Brett

60 Replies
TheresaG

Having to go in and associate the contact manually every time is a big pain and a time-waster. I often have to dig through a bunch to figure out what contact the task is actually for.

Having every task and note automatically associated with the contact would be more productive. Please and Thank you! 

Martin247
Member | Gold Partner

When creating To-do tasks and adding a contact, it would be really helpful to auto include the company name (assuming thay are associated to one) in the task so when you are actioning the task, company info details are easily on hand

jdumez
Participant

When you create tasks by selecting contacts from a list (Contacts --> Contacts or Contacts --> Lists), the tasks are not automatically associated with the corresponding Company

Most of the time the Contact is already associated with a Company, but the connection is not done automatically. It needs to be done manually, which is very time consuming.

It would be great that the task creation from a contact list uses the existing associations, and assign task to both Contact and Company automatically.

HarvestROI
Contributor | Platinum Partner

When we create a Task from a sequence we can't associate the Task to a Company, only the Contact the task was assigned to. This would also be a very helpful feature when multiple Contacts are enrolled in a sequence from the same company. We can do this in Automation workflows but not in sequences.

Timohoh
Participant

+1

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi commenting for a customer here,

When a task is created in a deal with associated contacts and companies, it is clear that those are the associations that we wish to apply with the task too. Would highly recommend we look at this again because this can result in minor inconveniences for our customer, which will become huge if many of such tasks are created in deal records.

FPeter

+1

Hubspot  team we need you here please 🙂

LSifaoui

Any idea when this feature could be implemented ? 

hjohnston
Member | Elite Partner

I agree - it's particularly frustrating that you can't associate the task to both contact and company from a sequence. There is also no way of updating tasks through a workflow.

DWarren7

100% agree with all of the above.....adding in deals also....i have tasks assigned to a contact not connected to the company or deal. This is frustrating I get why you might want this if you have 40 contacts in an org and multiple deals going on... but in most cases you have 3-10 key people in an org, with 1 deal going on. Why doesn't it just link everything? this leads to a lot of duplicates because you think you haven't created a deal and you have its just under the other guy at that company

kasiabf
Participant

This is a big disadvantage of the salesforce integration at the moment. Assigning the associated company to tasks by default should be a standard feature to be honest - in what world would we need to associate a task to a different company to the one the lead is associated with?

It would make life a lot easier for companies like ours who need to work out of both systems, currently creates unnecessary click mileage for our internal sales team

LSifaoui
So true.
FPeter

It's been months since the first post and nothing changed, I literraly had to implement a new process to associate later on contacts & companies. This is ridiculous.

LSifaoui
Could anyone help ?
WHsu

+1  please. this should be added to auto associate contact with the tasks

RachelJ
Contributor

Hi there,

I agree this would be very helpful.

Tasks should when working from a deal record default contact to:

• Deal
  • Company
  • Contact

I look forward to updates on this.

Thanks,

Rachel

Vicky-Bowie
Participant

I agree with all of the suggestions here. Please Hubspot make the feature for tasks to at least be given an option to be associated with contact, company and deals, no matter where the task is created from (manual entry on any record, workflow step, or part of a sequence).
It would save a tremendous amount of time and eliminate someone forgetting to update a deal or vice versa.

Eric-Younium

+1

RIannarino

I agree wholeheartedly that the tasks should be auto-associated with the company. This is becoming problematic for our sales team. The majority of their tasks are created from a sequence. They should not have to manually go back in and associate them with a task. If the contact has an associated company, then the task should associate that company with the task.  I would be happy to create a workflow to make this happen, but that doesn't seem to be an option either. Please look into this. It would be so helpful to so many of us. Also, if they could then sort the associated company column on the table that would help give them a single view of all of the tasks for that company. 

Thank you in advance for your consideration! 

RumparT

It would be much more user-friendly if the task can be automatically associated with contact and company. The sales team has a lot of tasks to do and it's great that they have a bulk feature to create tasks. However, if they insert the task name, it will be the same for all of those deals.  So, it would be easier for them to see the contact or the company right away from the tasks section. What they have to do right now is that they need to click one by one again to see what the contact or the company is.

Kindly consider this feature. Thanks in advance.