HubSpot Ideas

Brett_Weaver

Associate Tasks with Contacts AND Companies by default

Hello,

It would be very helpful to automatically have a Task which was created under a Contact also be associated with the Contact's Company.

There are mentions of this on the community forum already for a couple of different reasons. My reason is as follows:

When I create tasks for various contacts, work those tasks, and find that I may have forgotten to disposition/complete all tasks during that process, it would be great to be able to pull up the Company page and view all tasks associated with the company to get a view of which I may have missed.  HubSpot CRM seems to be completely lacking a way to sort tasks by company, both in the above format as well as in on the Tasks pages.

Looking forward to this functionality being implemented.

-Brett

60件のコメント
Amy
メンバー

Hi Hubspot:)

When the sales team view their tasks in Sales, they aren't always sure which person is which when there is not a company associated with the contact in the tasks list. They suggested showing the contact and their associated company in Tasks for ease of use.

What do you think?

lcrumling
投稿者

It's suprising that the company can be associated to the task when creating, but it's not a default column and you can't add a column for it either.

IndyAlan
参加者

Yes.  This is anoying.  I am having to go back in, delete the task associated with the person, then re-enter the task under the company.  I then have to trype in the task description "Call Larry".  Only then can I see at a glance that I have to "Call Larry" at ACME Company.  Otherwise all I see is "Larry" based on the Associated Contact Column I am only given the choice to select.

Please add Associated Company as a column choice to the Task view OR set this as an option in the Global Pref somewhere.

Thanks!

Alan

JosieSA
投稿者

hi. when I log a Task on a Deal, it wont show on the Contact's timeline unless I specify the association of the Task to the Contact. And when I search for the Contact to do the association, I have to search through all my thousands of contacts. 

It is painful having to search for the contact in the association, and the records shown are not specific to those associated to the deal - so there is a risk you can associate to the wrong contact.

It would be great if you could either choose to have the association always defined, or limit the search so it is relevent to Contacts associated to the Deal. 

JonoWales
参加者 | Elite Partner

Similarly when in a Deal and you create a new Task, it doesn't auto populate the contact or company.

Contact i can understand if you have multiple contacts associated with that deal - in which case it should select both and the Company should come through as an option.  

If there is only one contact associated wtih that deal - then definitely auto-populate both Contact and Company.

Thanks,

npeterson
メンバー

Instead, you should have a option to auto associate with the deal associations when creating a new deal task so that it is captured throughout.

Thank you!

AndreaBalducci
参加者

+1 !!!

krejent
メンバー

I totally I agree. Alternatively when starting to search for a contact/company to be associated with a deal task, it could suggest company/contacts already associated with the deal in the first place.

JennPape
投稿者

THIS SHOULDN'T NEED TO BE A FEATURE REQUEST!!! 

Evans4316
投稿者

This should be a no-brainer!  I don't understand why this doesn't happen by default??  Hubspot?? 

RonPas
メンバー

+1 - anyone know a work-around for this?

Classiq
メンバー

Yes, I totally agree with all the above.

It's become a pain having to search for the customer. Even when you click on the "Add Contatct" it doesn't suggest the associated contact but you have to find it. 

MorpheNZ
参加者

Another vote from me. This will be really handy.

rachelatscorr
参加者 | Solutions Partner

This would be fantastic! Especially helpful for the tasks that are created from sequences so we don't have to go back and associated the task to the company as well. 

hamish3
メンバー

Now that hubspot has done this which is great! Is there a way we can have this as an option? We need deals to just be associated with the deal for some specefic workflows that create task. having multiple records has made it confusing for our billing team. 

Evans4316
投稿者

For this reason, I don't put any tasks at a Deal level.   In general, too much garbage auto-associates at a deal level and it is an over-whelming data management task. If my deals were 1 or 2 for $1 million, that is one thing...but that's not the case.  😞

KellyTipper
メンバー

HI

We would like the ability to default all our tasks to be associated with both the Contact and the Company record. At present the only way this happens is if you manually add a task from the contact record screen. All automatically generated tasks from sequences or from the HubSpot panel on Outlook only assign them to the contact.

This would greatly help us as we would have an overview at company level of which contacts have tasks assigned to them.

ctgrev1
参加者

Being able to have a task coming out of a sequence associated with both the contact and the company would be HUGE!

Burjo
メンバー

Me and my team would also like to see the Company on the task list when the task is associated at the user level. Thanks!

shannonlauffer
メンバー

I'd like to see this as a setting where we can select how we want tasks to be associated - 

1. Default to contact

2. Default to company

3. Default to both

Our institution has different teams working in different ways - some of us work at the contact level, others work at the company level. PLEASE create a solution for this!