HubSpot Ideas

CaitlinRose

Associate Records in a Workflow

Allow a workflow whereby if a deal is associated with a company (and than cmpany has associated contacts), then the contacts are pulled and automatically assigned to the deal. 

This would also work the other way where if a deal had an associated contact, the company assocated to that contact would also be assigned to the deal. 

This prevent double data entry and would ensure that all deals hve he appropriote associations. 

62 Replies
Lawrence_AB

+1 to this.

Currently, creating a ticket and associating that ticket with a contact requires two separate API calls. If we could at least build an internal workflow for the association, it would be (slightly) more efficient.

Rongen
Contributor

We need this functionality too.

AMiller7
Participant

I would love this workflow capability.

My use case: Having a workflow that i could use to pull deals from a customer's profile onto the company profile automatically would save tons of time. For example, we work with churches and there are times when multiple people place orders from the same church and having a global view of items purchased on the company level would be super helpful....if it could be pulled in automatically. If we have to click into each customer's name to see who made purchases that would be cumbersome. So we like seeing all purchases on the company level at once. The problem is that we have to manually associate every deal on the customer level to the company...I feel like there should be a shortcut to apply any purchase from a customer to the company level. Is that possible?

dpr

@AMiller7, we have the same use case. As a temporary solution, I would recommend looking at Zapier. We currently use a Zapier workflow to accomplish what you are describing. It would still be much better to have it built into HubSpot, but Zapier can give you a workaround in the meantime.

ToddSutt

I believe I have a similar use case for this. I want to be able to associate Custom Objects to Deals in a workflow. For us, this would be assigning specific "Brands" to Deals based on other factors. I will probably use Zapier for now.

AMiller7
Participant
Thanks for the heads up! We've worked out zaps in the past, but as a
smaller company we are constantly refining processes as we find more
efficiency. With that said, the zap functionality gets a little hairy when
we have to pivot in our processes or the way we log data. Hoping to have
the function in hubspot soon. Have a good one!
ErikKoedijk

Need this!!

echeverion

Yes please! I am manually assigning companies to contacts, and really need to be able to automate the Company association to any Deals on that contact record. what is already a manual process for us (for industry-specific reasons) is DOUBLY manual without the functionality to workflow associations. Would be really grateful to get this prioritized for future updates 🙂

PGohari
Participant

We definately need this, I am trying to automatically create associations between a custom object and contacts, but we need to do them manually at the moment since it is not possible to do so with a workflow.

cassimatti

I need to create a workflow / automation (or find a way) that automatically associates contacts and deals with a specific Agency Client name to the Company that has the corresponding Agency Client name.

We are a Sales Agency and we manage and close leads for our various clients so this would be a MAJOR solve for us as we manage and measure pipelines and conversions for all of their leads (and ours). 

Rongen
Contributor

We need this. Please update asap.

MSchraeder

We need this too. Deals with no associated contacts make our lives so much harder when it comes to reporting and attribution.

POusley
Participant

This is a nightmare for people who aren't developers but are super admins, please consider the capability!

ABuchthal
Participant

Would love to have the option within workflows to associate objects, whatever they may be. If we have the objects available from our trigger/earlier actions and their known associations, it seems foolish we wouldn't be able to access and associate those objects from within the workflow!

TXu5

This feature would be very helpful for organaing, and especially for reporting purpose.

JKelleher
Participant | Diamond Partner

It amazes me that this isn't baked into Operations Hub. We routinely custom code this and, when the client doesn't have Operations Hub, solve via middleware but it really does feel like it should be as routine as the 'create record' function. 

SarahKelly02
Participant

This is a MUST need improvement of the system. We use Tickets to manage customer onboarding and the onboarding happens from Contracting to Closedwon, and we're not able to capture contact associations after the fact of creating the ticket - seems very stagnent and off that we don't have the ability to automate associations. 

SJMcAllister

This is a super important and would make the product worthwhile for us to use. We are a high marketplace and need to record a lot of transactions and enquiries between unrelated contacts and companies. The ability to associate contacts and unrelated companies to a Deal would make Hubspot invaluable to us.

Without his functionality it is not possible for us to record and manually associate records, which means Hubspot is useless for our business. Any business that wants to record transactions between two unrelated parties would not be able to use this.

clyerla
Participant

With the closed deal metric going away on campaigns, this is even more crucial for us. We have a number of deals (2000+) with no contacts attached and I am trying to get this cleaned up before June. This would be a really great time-saving function, PLUS it would aid us in reporting back on the value of hubspot campaigns.

RBozeman
Participant

Hi @CaitlinRose,

HubSpot recently announced their new public beta feature that will give you more access to data of associated records in your workflows, which will definitely be helpful for this use case. 

However, from what I can tell, you still won't be able to actually set the associations within the workflow, without upgrading to Operations Hub and custom coding a solution there. 

I also wanted to mention that Insycle (full disclosure, I work there) allows you to associate in Workflows, using any field in your database as a matching field. Combined with the new beta features, you should be able to trigger the workflow for the right records and make the association via the workflow using Insycle. 

If you have any questions about how it would work, happy to help via DM if needed.

Best,

Ryan