HubSpot Ideas

dhebert

Associate Projects with companies, contacts, deals

It would be great if Projects in HubSpot could be associated with Companies, Contacts, and Deals. Projects is a nice tool and our organization would like to utilize it more extensively - the major limitation is that it cannot be associated with any objects. Turn Projects into another HubSpot "object"! 

14 Replies
TangoSquared

This is a great request.  We would like to use the project tool, especially as a template for similar projects across accounts, however it has limited value and creates duplicate work if you can't associate it was a company or contact.  We would love to see this improvement as soon as possible.  It could be a valuable tool.  Thanks!

JKibler
Participant

I would love to be able to see separate columns the deal pipeline so that I can see both the company and the contact associated with the deal.  The default seems to be company and I've ended up deleting all the company references to my deals because the contact is the more important field to me.  But being able to see both would be better. 

John

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We really need this. It would be great to look at a company record and see a Projects object box in the right column and go straight to all project tasks associated with that company/customer. 

Project tasks should also be kept separate from sales tasks in both the company/contact view and in the overall tasks view.

CSaussy

This would be awesome to be able to use a project template, create a new one for each company and assign onboarding tasks to the company. I totally agree with what Kmoloo says above! 

j-davidson

Definitely a no-brainer for those that have projects that need to be associated with different objects. Let's get it done Team Hubspot!

FMaher
Contributor

We use a spreadsheet as a task list. Projects would completely negate the need to use a spreadsheet.

BBush1
Participant

Yes!! Absolutely need this functionality! Great idea -needs enhanced to solve business challenges...

kevinpauls

this seems like such a no brainer...

IOspect
Participant

We have Asana on the side now to handle project management. I would love to be able to do it from HubSpot. But when i cant associate the project to a company, the idea is lost.

This feature would definetly be a gamechanger for us

JPeltier

This feature would definetly be a gamechanger for us (+1)

CCampbell46

We'd love this as well - to be able to do a higher level onboarding project plan and associate a project, or apply a project template to a company would be fantastic. As it stands, we're going to have to look at other tools to do this for us which defeats having 1 source of truth for all customer details.

RChozick7

I just upvoted this idea as well. Would love to see this happen, so we don't need to also use another project management tool on the side!! 

ECraven

Still a great idea 4 years later!! This should be basic funcionality in a CRM. We'd like to use at the account level as a checklist for account mapping and strategy. 

RJohnson65

Agreed to the above.  I just created a great project template that would be so useful if I could attach it to a company/contact. Hubspot pretty please??