HubSpot Ideas

carmen

Assign tasks from a sequence to different users

Hi,

I enrolled many contacts in a sequence.

the sequence includes emails and tasks.

however, the task to call contact is to be executed by another hubspot user. how can i assign that to them automatically?

29 Replies
ChrisEldridge
Contributor

Would be nice to be able to choose who the task is assigned to.

evilc79

This would be very useful

marialara

This would be very helpful!

GZClellandAIIM

Totally upvoting this. Would be super helpful.

I would love to be able to add a task in the sequence and have the option to add another user to that task so they can call other than whoever the user that setup the sequence. 

Our company would love to setup a sequence and have one of our coworkers get a task notification to call that lead but we are unable to set that up due to the fact whoever created the sequence would have to be in charge of that task. 

I know its a little confusing but I spoke with Steve (Ticket Number - 2768017) & Ticket Number - 2768014) if you need more information about this issue. 

Thanks, 

Sara 

peterjorgenson
Member | Partner

We definitely need this. I want marketing emails to going out under my name and my assistant to make follow up calls the following day. Currently I have to manually reassign those tasks to him.

RicciInsurance

This would be great!

EGopaul
Participant

This would be great. We need this too!

LWatson8

We really need this!

ldowdell1
Participant

Yes, good idea. We need our marketing team to be able to drop contacts into a sequence they are marketing to so our sales reps can follow up 1:1. The current process of marketing gives sales the list, sales uploads the list, then enrolls the contacts is not scalable 

LHosford

It would be nice to be able to assign tasks to teammates or groups directly from sequences. The task is automatically assigned to whoever sends the email, but if we have BDRs who send emails on behalf of the sales team and need the sales team to follow up, the agents have to reassign the tasks by hand.

It seems like an easy step to add "Assign task to" and be allowed to select "Contact Owner" directly in the sequence.

davidwimi

We really need this too!

DMainzer

I'm upvoting this, because we need this too.

Blake_
Participant

+1

GGumery

Up vote 🙂

KLand

I'm finding it really frustarting this isn't an option right now - having to manually reassign tasks is far too time consuming! 

JacksonYoung

+1. Seems like people have wanted this for a while... 

CEllis
HubSpot Moderator

Hi there! I am going to merge this idea and votes with a similar one to get a more accurate upvote count! Please hop over to Assign tasks from a sequence to different users to check it out!

SLawson8

This is really needed for automation. We need to be able to assign the task to a different user then the one that put it in the sequence. It would be great to be able to default to the user that put it in the sequence but allow to change it like you can with the workflow!

ShaunDay

I completely agree! I hope  this is something the HubSpot dev team can consider... It's been a long time since this was first mentioned. I know you can go into a task once it's the to-do task and assign it manually, but it would be great to have it pre-assigned to a different individual on the team, especially with sequences that are used for a high volume of prospects.