HubSpot Ideas

squizzyit

Assign a new email to existing ticket

I'd like to be able to associate new emails to our shared inboxes to existing tickets. Currently any email can be created as a ticket with the email content in the activity of the ticket. When a different contact or external party emails information related to the ticket we can't associate this email to the existing ticket, we can only create a new ticket.

Currently having to copy and paste different threads as notes into the tickets and reply to each thread separately from the Conversations section.

20 Replies
fmoretto

Upvote... The ability to add incoming Inbox emails/forms to a single ticket would be highly beneficial in order to keep clean the Inbox and have all communications sorted.

rosiehall

This would be really helpful for us.  We receive emails from third parties not connected to the contact that relate to existing tickets and would be great to be able to attach.

mark_poyser
Participant

Hi,

As the above posts date back to 2019, could I ask, is this still not possible to add new emails to existing tickets from the Inbox?

louiseaskporter

Agreed. We're experiencing an issue where emails sent to us in response to ticket updates don't get assigned to the original ticket. The lack of functionality to manually correct this problem is making it difficult to even implement a workaround!

hannebjorn
Participant

Yes please, that would really easy the process.

aglaves

Definitely need this functionality

JGizowski
Participant

Is there a solution to this yet? We have the same problem.

NKO

Any fixes?

JGizowski
Participant

No resoluton yet. We are merging tickets together manually as needed. You can also go into the email message in the new ticket or contact that is connected to (not in the conversation), and associate it with the origional ticket record. Again, extra steps

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.55.00 PM.png

CBerwick
Participant

I also found a need for this functionality this morning after sending an email through a ticket but having the response come back as "unassigned" even though it has the same subject line and is a direct response to my original email. The ability to assign emails to existing tickets would be really helpful here.

Propagam
Participant

Need this solution.

AKav

It has been 3 years, any fix for this?

JGizowski
Participant

unfortunitly no change here, and no change with any ofthe other handfull of basic feature requests... Feel these forums are more for us to feel we are listened to and a part of the community but haven't seen any worth while action taken... We really want to support Hubspot, but are dissapointed with their product and ability to improve. 

DMasiero

Same 🛥️ as @JGizowski. Let's go @hubspot! 🫰🏻👏🏻👏🏻

DhContreras

This basic functionality is really painful to be missing. Having it would really improve the workflows.

JGudel

that would make everything easyer

AKav

Has HS aknowledged this recently?  How can Freshdesk do it but not hubspot?

This basic functionality is what is holding us back from upgrading to a paid subscription

DMasiero

A basic funtionality in Zendesk as well. This definitely needs implementation.

RubenM

We're in 2024 now. I expected to have a skateboard like in Back to the Future, but we're still waiting to be able to link emails to an existing ticket... @hubspot 

WendyNog

Ground control to....HubSpot!  Not being able to attach emails to a ticket is a big miss!  I have ten people emailing me about a ticket and can't attach any of those emails to it.