HubSpot Ideas

Herschel

Assign Ticket Owner to Associated Conversation

Issue: Tickets Owner and associated Conversation Assignee are not linked.

Use Case: Our support team rotates who is on call. Whoever is on call during a specified period of time will answer incoming client issues for that period. To facilitate this, we have the Conversations Inbox set to unassigned for new incoming messages. We also have it set to automatically create new tickets, which also have the ticket owner as unassigned. If a support rep claims a Ticket they set themselves as the owner, BUT the associated Conversation is still shown as unassigned.

As a result it diminishes our team's ability to work out of both the Ticket and Conversation areas concurrently, as ownership of something in one area is not reflected in the other. This reduces the usefulness of the Conversations Inbox.

Solution: When an unowned Ticket (automatically created from a new Conversation) has it's owner set, also assign the associated Conversation to the same user.

60 Replies
klarx

Very good idea and fully supported by us. 

arihn

HubSpot,

Is there any progress on this solution? It seems like something that could be built out and put in place quickly.

Please advise.

porschelau
Participant

100% upvoting this. I ran into this issue in our setup. It was painful to operate the service desk without a clear way to filter for tickets with response from customers.

rw1982
Participant

A work around:

Create a ticket based workflow.

Trigger:

Last customer reply date is less than 1 day ago

(or similar)

Action:

Send internal email notification to TICKET OWNER

hannah-keydata
Participant

Hi, I would love to have this feature as well.

ceoe

This is a feature that needs to be part of the conversations inbox - otherwise the filtering tool has little purpose. 

crhobx

Upvoting this request to associate the Ticket Owner and Conversation Assignee, it is absolutely needed!

nicolerohrer
HubSpot Employee

I am also voting for this enthusiastically as several customers have asked for this!

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are currently looking into this issue, so updating the status. I will provide more details and a timeline as we dig into this. 

I am curious about a couple of things and would love some input as we think through this problem. 

1. Would you always want the conversation owner and the ticket owner to be the same?

2. If not, what are the use cases that you would want the owners to be different between conversations owner and ticket owner?

Feel free to email me at cdewey@hubspot.com to chat in more detail about this issue. 

Thanks in advance for the feedback! 

alguil
Participant

@cdewey22, for my team, yes I would always want the conversation owner and the ticket owner (ticket associated to this same conversation) to be the same

Rapgod

Upvoting! This would be extremely useful. 

No apparent use case for our service that as yet would require a different assignee to the ticket owner. If the assignee changed, the ticket owner would then also change, i.e. they should not be decoupled. 

Herschel
Top Contributor

@cdewey22 I'm pretty sure we would always want the Conversation to be assigned to the same user as the associated Ticket - I think the goal should be to be able to use the Conversations Inbox and Ticket board/table views in tandem.

To that end it would probably be useful to have also have an "Associated Ticket Pipeline/Status" filter here:

Conversations Filters.JPG

MSJ-15

THIS WOULD BE HUGE!!! 

We have a specific use case where we assign ticket owners based on region (which is a property on the contact / company) but are currently limited by assigning the conversation inbox owner within a workflow because those options are read-only. 

Being able adjust the conversation owner within a workflow would be HUGE! Which would allow us to align the ticket owner to the conversation owner. 

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Awesome thanks for the feedback! We are currently looking at ways to solve this problem, both natively within the app and also later in workflows. I will post when I have more information about the solution and a timeline for each part. 

thanks!

stacey0367
Participant

I would also love to have this feature where the conversation owner is the ticket owner

tlin
Participant

Totally want this feature.

When a new support ticket comes in, our gatekeeper team always needs to assign both the ticket and the conversation to the ticket owner. The good thing is for unassigned conversation & ticket, once we assign the conversation, the ticket is also auto-assigned to the conversation owner. 

However, if the ticket gets escalated to tier 2 support and needs to transfer ownership. The tier 1 support needs to manually assign both the ticket and conversation to the new owner. 

There are cases that conversation owner & ticket owner are not the same, but at least give us the flexibility to configure it (either by company/ contact property, pipeline etc.) or build a workflow to auto-update the ownership. Right now it is just adding extra work for the gatekeeper.  

Bergvin

@cdewey22 is there any news on this? This would be very helpful. 

joyjorgensen

I really need this feature soon - any updates?

FloMTL

Hi @cdewey22!

I am currently looking for the same feature / workflow.

Any update regarding the availability of the feature ?

Thank you,

maritima

We need this feature!!!!

Currently, we are rotating conversations between the team members, but the way conversations are distributed between the team member doesn't work for us (the last active member of the team). This option would help us to work with ticket workflow to assign tickets+conversations equally + to specific users based on the rules and keep the inbox clean.