HubSpot Ideas

MSJ-15

Assign Conversation Owners within Workflow

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.02.13 PM.png

We have specific use cases where conversations/tickets are assigned to specific members on the team based on the region where the contact is located. 

We are able to successfully reassign tickets based on contact/company properties BUT are limited to just the standard conversation assignment for our inbox. It would be AMAZING to either assign conversations based on the ticket owner (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Assign-Ticket-Owner-to-Associated-Conversation/idi-p/...) OR be able to assign owner within the workflow. 

Currently the workflow automation for conversations is VERY limiting and preventing us from using automation to maximze our team. 

45 Replies
Nathage
Member | Elite Partner

This would be incredibly useful...

percy
Participant

Really waiting for this Feature! 

joyjorgensen

Me three !

TYokom

Cosign this idea! This would be great. We schedule certain hours for our Support techs to be monitoring incoming conversations (email and chat) and so we want to assign those conversations to certain users based on the time of day they come in. Currently we can only assign to a specific user.

LMontes

This is the feature that we need to handle our customer support e-mails. It is a bit disappointing that it is not available yet.

PMeszaros

Super important for us! Without this, the HubSpot Scoring system is useless to us, as we cannot assign the incoming lead through the form submission to the correct owner based on their score. 

KRobinson

This feature would be extremely helpful in managing our chatbot conversations. 

ELichon
Contributor

Can you allow us to change any conversation properties via workflow?

IPerezMolina

We would love to have this feature for our contact forms coming to the inbox, so they are assigned to the country manager/contact owner. 

MatthieuDumont
Participant

neeeeeeeeeeeeded pls

spencerpsmith
Participant

Great idea, I can't believe a workflow can't be created to set the Conversation Owner.

JakeBolton

Really, really need this feature.

EPhillips1

Would love to see this. The current workflow capability for conversations is very limited!

Currently can't bulk unassign, can't bulk reassign, can't filter by assignee if the "assignee" is no longer a member of the inbox (even though conversations will still be assigned to that assignee and show up in the "all conversations" folder).

HLaing

Currently the first hour of my day is unassigning tickets from support agents that are not currently working. Most of them are super good about unassigning the convos from them, however there are a few that forget. I don't want these emails to be missed! This would help a ton:)

GUmuhoza

The Inbox tool doesn't make sense without this feature, it's a lot of manual work and we lose effiency

MPelamonia
Participant

We need this function to further automate our service. It's a lot of manual work now. This won't work anymore in the long run. Our customer base is growing and so is our support team. 

bfanelli

We really really need this!! We were excited to set up a very effecient workflow in hubspot for managing our customer conversations (thought with what we pay for hubspot service it would have the features we need......). Please give us this feature!!!!!

MDCID

Yes, totally agree. We need this. Automation is a key reason we use hubspot, but if we have to go manual on key steps, it starts to lose value

ELichon
Contributor

My Support team workflows are severely hampered by this strange inability to edit these properties

LMALDANT

I support that this idea could be very usefull and help a lot of companies !