HubSpot Ideas

HappyChicken

Unpublish form

I would like to see the option to unpublish a form and or to set a limit to the submissions. For example I would like to set a limit of 100 submissions due to a webinar subscription.

November 7, 2022
Edit: 931 days and counting. Can someone please make this a meme?

April 6, 2023

Edit: 1081 days and counting. This isn't funny anymore.

January 2, 2024

Edit: Day 1352 – Still no option to unpublish a form or cap webinar sign-ups. We're considering switching to smoke signals for faster results! 😂

Come on, tech wizards, let's make this happen before we're sending messages via carrier pigeons!

145 Commentaires
Shay
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 56 votes.

It would be great to hide or archive forms and emails so we retain he data from those items but do not see them on our active views of forms and emails.

AlexBynder
Participant

The Form overview becomes increasingly mesy over time without this ability to archive forms

pingle
Membre

For archived landing pages, it would be great if can archive the forms too. 

PieterVlamings
Participant

If archiving is somehow hard to achieve, I'd love to see folders in which I can place my forms. Make us create our own version of archiving and not lose legacy data.

mfield
Participant

This would also be great on the sales side for sequences and templates. We have a lot of templates in the system, some of which only apply to employees that have since left the company, as well as campaigns we aren't currently running. It makes it difficult to find the templates I need when we have so many that we no longer use.

jscianna
Participant

This is an important feature needed so that we can clean up old or duplicate properties we no longer use, but exist in a form so we cannot delete them. However, we don't want to delete old forms as important data exists in them.

vdhandia
Participant

Forms view and Forms selection dropdown on landing pages gets super cluttered overtime. Hope there is a way to be able to look into Legacy forms analytics but not have them show up in the list of forms for Landing Page dropdown. 

t-grant
Participant

This would be so helpful - especially when trying to report as well. You have it for the landing pages so think it would be a sensible thing to do for the forms that go on the landing pages. 🙂

YvonneK
Contributeur

I recently took over a system with quite a bit of legacy. I am astounded that there is no way to disable Forms and archive them in any way... not even folders 😕

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
JoeMayall
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

Assuaged
Participant

Archiving or unpublish feature for forms would be amazing.

SilvanaPSI
Participant

I can't believe this is not a feature yet! Highly necessary. 

It's very confusing to have "published" forms that are no longer in use - and delete means we lose the submission data.

It gets hard to manage so many published forms and internal users get really confused with so many "available" forms - archive or unpublish function here is highly needed!

Katarina_Nice
Participant

I have just realised I can't archive forms.. and that this issue was raised back in 2017. Seems strange you can archive emails, landing pages but not the forms. 

The reason I want to do this is to retain the stats that can be seen from historic form submissions but removing the possible confusion of having old forms that could be cloned and used incorrectly.

For now I will have to add OLD DO NOT USE to the form names

Kierstin
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Yes, we have clients that email the shared link to some forms when collecting data from customers (not lead generation) and they would like to be able to set an expiration date or unpublish the form so on a certain date the form will no longer accept submissions. 

ccpaquette
Membre

Yes, this would be a great option to have! In our case, we'd like to disable submissions on a certain date.

EstB
Participant

Agree with other commenters that not being able to archive forms is strange when you can do webpages and emails. We have an ever-growing list of forms that we're unable to keep tidy. We don't want to delete them as it messes up reporting, archiving would be the perfect solution! Please implement this.

hannalofving
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Yes please let us have the opportunity to archive forms! 

LIGHTS_Regional
Membre

For the life of me, being a paying customer for ~3yrs now, I don't know how/why HubSpot hasn't implemented this yet. As our usage grows, so does our forms, and keeping them active across the entirety of the account is (a) unacceptable, and (b) not easily manageable at this time, even with folders, but (c) deleting them, even with data export, is the worst of options -and really the only one available.

Get with it HS Production team.

HKorven
Membre

Would be very helpful to have an 'unpublish' option. In our case we have reached max. registrations for our program, and want to close the registration, but not have to delete the form. Moving forward this does make a good case for using a landing page and embeding the form, rather then sending out a link direct to the form in hubspot, that way you would have a way to control when the form is live. 

STibbo
Membre

It would be very helpful to unpublish a form so that closed or limited attendance events could be closed.