HubSpot Ideas

BenRubin

Archive a Quote

When working with a possible client that is asking for an update to a quote, instead of updating the existing one and losing the quote history, can we archive an existing quote and then create a new one.

The feature would be to archive quotes to maintain quote history.

Thanks!

Ben

6 Replies
ZKitzmiller

I think this is very much needed. I don't want to see quotes in our history that were "test" quotes, or ones that the client didn't ultimately sign. Kind of silly that they have to live in the que/history forever. An option to set a quote as "declined" would do the trick too, probably.

antidote71
Participant | Platinum Partner

Right now, the only option is to delete declined quotes, which isn't ideal at all. Archiving would be 100% fantastic. It would keep the quote stream clean too. (I'd also love to archive signed quotes, they're signed, don't need them anymore).

Right now we download the PDF to store on our server, or attach to the company record and then delete the quote.

antidote71

Aaaand of course you can't delete a signed quote. There needs to be a system for archiving quotes (honestly, folders would be ok too? so we could put accepted into a folder, rejected into a folder, etc.?)

This seems like a HUGE miss for HubSpot.

C_Drey

The lack of organization inside of Quotes is really frustrating; even if there wasn't an archive feature, to be able to add things to separate folders similar to other areas would streamline the view.

JKwock
HubSpot Employee

Hey all, as of 9/26/2023, we've enabled customers to archive quotes! This can be done from the quotes index page, details page, and deal summary page within the quote card. 

ZKitzmiller
This is just absolutely amazing. Thank you!