HubSpot Ideas

Archive Objects (contacts, companies, deals, tickets)

It would be great to "archive" deals that have either been won or lost, so that they don't appear on the dashboard or deals table. This way you wouldn't lose the information from the deal and it would affect the figures on your deals dashboard.

95 Replies
JimA
Contributor

Over time we accumulate contacts who are no longer active. Perhaps they've retired, changed jobs and industries, or passed away. Currently there appears to be two ways to handle these contacts in the CRM:

1. Delete them, or

2. Change their Lead Status (or a custom field) to "Unqualified" or similar.

The issue with the former is that all history with the contact is lost. Let's say they were the designer on a job (deal). If I delete that contact then I lose the reference in the Job's record indicating who the designer was on that project.

The issue with the latter is that I now need to create filters in various locations to filter out these "unqualified" contacts. For example, in Sales -> Views, or as an "exclude" category in marketing emails.

I would like to see an Archive feature that automatically implements these filters, removing the "archived" contact from workflows, views, emails, etc..., yet retains their "associated" links to deals (jobs) and is searchable.

CentraFoods

I agree, I encounter this a lot now.  Perhaps there could be a lowered fee for "archived" contacts so that they don't increase our count of contacts too much.  But the point being that our customers/contacts rotate in and out of jobs all the time -- I want to keep my old contacts information to be able to reference their name, see what we talked about and our communication... But I don't need to actively communicate with them or have them bog down my customer list. 

Is this possible to create within Hubspot?  I think it would be a very valuable addition to the CRM.

JaimeC

I agree. We recently started using the HubSpot CRM and found this to be an issue. We use "active" vs. "inactive" in Salesforce, because in our industry people move to different firms and we prefer to not lose the contact history over the years.

JasonC
Contributor

I agree it seems as though I have at least 10- 20 contacts a day that are no longer with a company.

I temporarily make a smart list that auto-generates based on a custom contact field, AM Contact Yes, No, Primary, OR NTL (no longer there)

Then when I find the new contact name.... Create the new contact, make a note saying from this point on the old contact was Mr. Something and then merge the old contact with the new contact. This keeps all the old notes but then updates to the new contact going forward. 

Joseph

In a similar vein, our sales opportunities are seasonal, so we've got a bunch of 'PAST:' appended to old pipelines. I wish I could archive a pipeline so I don't have to scroll thru 20 of them to find current sales opps. 

Anna-T
Participant

This archiving feature should be available not only for contacts, but of course also for companies. The new data protection law coming into effect 2018 in Europe (GDPR) actually asks for such a feature. Deleting is simply not an option, because you need to be able to proove some things even after the active relationship with a contact has ended. 

carolenytander

This archiving feature should be available not only for contacts, but of course also for companies. The new data protection law coming into effect 2018 in Europe (GDPR) actually asks for such a feature. Deleting is simply not an option, because you need to be able to proove some things even after the active relationship with a contact has ended. 

monicaway
Contributor

@Anonymous, I was looking for the same function. Turns out you can create a filter to view Deals in various stages (such as PAST, or whatever you choose). Then you can set that view as default on the Deals page.

Monica

mariaengstrom
Participant

I agree!  This archiving feature should be available not only for contacts, but of course also for companies. The new data protection law coming into effect 2018 in Europe (GDPR) actually asks for such a feature. Deleting is simply not an option, because you need to be able to proove some things even after the active relationship with a contact has ended. 

bdesilva
Contributor

I agree. Or perhaps allow us to filter them out in our view, removing the deal columns I don't want to see. Right now I have Closed Won, Closed Lost, and Closed Disappeared. I'd like to have those columns not display in my primary daily working view.

SarahN
Contributor

This would be a great feature. When we have clients that cancel their services with us, I would like an option to simply archive them so that I don't lose notes and emails. It would also be preferable that archived contacts are stored at a cheaper cost since we would most likely only need to utilize that info once in a blue moon. 

eyang21

This would be amazing on so many levels. 

lylebrous

Has anyone hear rom Hubspot on this type of feature? We need it as we have clients leave one company and go to another company. This causesinternal confusion when looking up their name. I do not want to accidentally send an email to the old address. That could potentially start a firestorm with the old client, especially when they are sour about losing an employee. 

clioi
Top Contributor

Hello,

Any update on this? GDPR is approaching fast!!

JorgeP
Participant

I want to Thumbs Up this as many times as possible! I encounter this a lot in my industry where people are so mobile and frequently go from company to company. I need to be able to make the name inactive, but keep the historic information on the deals, company to show that yes, we HAVE in fact been in touch with that company, but I also don't want to see that contact all the time under contacts and then have a newbie waste time trying to call them. 

Any info from Hubspot???

HelenRoss
Contributor

10/10 do want!

Our industry has a lot of movement of staff between companies, so being able to archive a user at one company, but leave their new user record (with a new email domain) at the new company would be ideal!

EBZENPME
Participant

Any news on this one? 

Elias_Rizk
Participant

Hi, the archiving option is without any doubt essential. 

We created an interim process for the time being.

We ran verification reports periodically on our contacts emails and reference them with different status codes. Each code then initiates a workflow. For those who are invalid, they are added to a static list that is exported, stored and shared with all concerned parties. We delete all invalid contacts from HubSpot and keep the exported file as a reference. 

Cheers,

Elias R.

depaoli1

I would love this!  It would be very helpful to have a place to archive lost deals.  I often have the opportunity to revisit lost deals, but I don't want them clogging up my current list of deals.   Thanks!

ag

Any update on this request? Please advise.