HubSpot Ideas

KMack

Approval process in Social Media Content Calendar

Right now we have clients who have access to the social media content calendar, but we do not use it for scheduling posts because it does not have a function for them to approve them or make comments/suggestions.

We could leave them as drafts and have them schedule the post if approved, but if there were any changes or edits they would like to have made there are no areas for those comments or notifications that we would receive. 

Essentially, if we had these capabilities we would no longer need a tool we use called Gain for this process, and everything would be housed within HubSpot.

8件のコメント
JSenette
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Yes please!! 

Jnix284
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

@KMack 

This is available for Enterprise, here is the idea from 2017 where it was delivered so you can review it, and here is the knowledge base article explaining the approval process.

I do think it would be valuable to include the comment feature (add comments to assets) for social media posts.

This idea is currently being reviewed to include notifications for the approval process.

There's another similar idea here from 2021 just with less detail.

With all of that said, I do agree that an approval process for social should at least be included at the Professional level and not exclusive to Enterprise.

If HubSpot doesn't want to develop a more robust social tool, then focusing on improving integrations with other social tools would be great - like allowing them to pull in posts directly to the calendar, leverage their approvals, etc.

KMack
参加者 | Platinum Partner

@Jnix284 Thanks for the information! I agree, I think the comment portion is really the most valuable piece that we could use. Currently, we use Gain for approvals and comments and it has an automatic workflow option where once the approver signs off on it - it launches on the social media platform. Luckily, we can still report on it since HubSpot pulls in the information even when not posted within the CRM now. 

An integration would also be nice, but I don't think it would change my current workflow much unless it could show what is scheduled maybe? I know we want other teammates to know what is getting posted and when for better interaction and sharing - so actually that could also be helpful!

danmoyle
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

Would be great across at least Pro hubs, if not all. 

CBarbosa
メンバー

necessary!

eoswald
参加者

I encourage everyone here to upvote this idea 

Approval Process for Social Media Posts (with Notifications) 

It is "Being Reviewed" but has seemed to have stalled and could use more community attention.

I created this idea after the first idea was prematurely marked as "Deliver" by HubSpot when they launched their "Draft only" social publishing permission to manage who can create draft social posts and publish social posts, as @Jnix284 listed in her comment. The feature delivered was definitely not an approval feature with notifications or commenting, but HubSpot considered the matter resolved... so the new Idea was opened.

MS7
メンバー

Same here, we need to use external tools like Agora or Kontentino. HS is really behind with agency features in Social.

ACariveau
メンバー

Yes! We currently use Sprout Social and this feature is the best.  We are switching to HubSpot for other reasons and I'm disappointed this is not a feature.  For having a system that uses workflows, it would make sense to have an approval process for all areas.