HubSpot Ideas

ManuelC

Approval Process for new file uploads

We would like to put a media asset database inside HubSpot to use it internatioanlly (we have 19 subsidiaries), using the files feature. To ensure good care of this platform, we need an approval process, so the Super Admin gets a notification after someone uploads a new asset into the files. If not, everyone can upload any file they want which might end in chaos and not wanted marketing pictures.

7 Kommentare
NicoleSengers
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

I like this

rpiola
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes... and it would also nice to be able to set granular file permissions, i.e.:

Team A can only upload files in folder 1, and read from folder 1 and 2

Team B can only upload files in folder 2, and read from folder 1,2 and 3

superadmins can do everything

all other users can only upload files into folder 3

no user (except superadmins) can create new folders or upload files into the root (this will be a GREAT way to keep the root clean and the file hierarcy well organized

rpiola
Teilnehmer/-in

Another though: it would be useful to be able to setup approval workflows also for file deletion... in order to be sure that nobody breaks some published link by removing or moving a file

finn
Stratege/Strategin

+1

desilvakai
Mitglied

We need granular file permissions. Even with training, users consistently upload files to the root folder and the system gets cluttered. Agreed on file deletion as well @rpiola. I've had to restore an off-site backup due to someone simply deleting an entire folder.

LHamilton
Mitglied

Here is a post I submitted today although I think I will be directed to use a third party document integration solution to meet this need. Fingers crossed!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I'm a director of PMO and I'de like to set up a fluid process where we can review and approve SOWs before they go out to our clients.
Looking for a process to support:

1. SOW is uploaded by sales and added to a "Pending approval" folder
  2. SOW is "triggered" to be reviewed
  3. PMO is notified of request to review SOW
  4. PMO reviews SOW and makes comments or edits
  5. Branch A - SOW is approved and placed in an "Approved" folder.
    • Sales is notified
      OR
  6. Brach B - SOW is not approved and sent back to sales team for additional edits or review.

I think you get the idea.

Is there a best practice post or guide that covers a relevant scenario similar to the above that I could review and build my workflow off of?

In particular I am struggling to identify the appropriate FEATURE\TOOL in hubspot to support this functionality.

Thank you,
Luke

jphilbrook
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

@LHamilton You posted this a few years ago and I'm wonder how you solved it. I have the same challenge.