HubSpot Ideas

Neal

Apply line break formatting in to personalisation tokens in email

With personalisation tokens we can inset text into emails based on the relevant contact, company etc data.

However at the moment if you have a multi line text field with line breaks and paragraphs, this formatting will show correctly in HubSpot on the contact record, but in the resulting email there will be no line breaks and so the email content is a jumble into one paragraph.

Example:
"
ID: 1234
Name: John
Details: These are fake details
Number: 001122334455
"
gets formatted as:
"
ID: 1234 Name: John Details: These are fake details Number: 001122334455
"

29 Replies
MMDC
Contributor

@brianzimorowicz Hubspot must've changed something over night (12 Aug). Yesterday, the <pre> tag trick all worked fine and throughly tested. This morning, it no longer works.

Very frustrating! I was hoping to email something important today.

JAlbertsson

We are creating lists in node js and pushing them to company properties via the API.

To not be able to sen this list in an email to our customer is insame.

You allready have your own markuplanguage, why not let us use it?!

This "bug" makes me wanne change to another CRM.

JAlbertsson

And also strange that the "Default" text is ok to past HTML into....

jaybaum
Contributor

Has anyone found a recent fix for this? I have a deal message field that is fed by zapier. It all looks great upon form entry and in the contact view, but the internal email doesnt show line breaks at all. Any help would be great! 

coreycbailey

The <pre class="rich-text-body">{{ item.description }}</pre> option worked for me. Although in my email, HS automatically changed it to: <pre>{{ item.description }}</pre>

I will note: I initially thought you weren't able to change the font, and then realized I just needed to highlight the placeholder token and then change the font details, and they came through in the email 🙂 

Really glad this workaround worked!! 

SSegundo
Participant | Elite Partner

Following. So sad that we're coming up on 3 years on this and still no resolution for multi line field types 😞

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

Following - have a client need for this. 

BruBraga

I was able to apply line breaks in addition to other formatting using a property with "rich text" type. This kind of property accept HTML to format the text. Example:

line 1 <br/>
<b>line 2 </b><br/>
AMB
Participant

This feature is desperately needed, and it's inconceivable that it's not in place by now. It is not an extraordinary request or something so unique that it only applies to a few users; this is a pretty universal function.

We use Hubspot to manage applications to our school, so we send updates to our applicants about the state of their paperwork. We use a multi-line text field to provide details about how to fix errors that may be present. 90% of the time, there are multiple errors, so applicants need to take multiple steps. For example:

1. Please retake the photo of your document with the seal showing.

2. Please provide an acceptable Proof of Residence. We can accept the following: A, B, C, D.

3. Document A must include the student's name. 

Here is what this looks like in the Contact Record ("All Properties" page):

AMB_0-1707747286180.png

We update this field for dozens of applicants every day. Even if I could make sense of the solutions listed so far (which I can't), it 's not manageable to have to enter code every single time we make a change to this field. 

This issue needs to be addressed with the utmost urgency.