HubSpot Ideas

dschroed

Social Chat - Instagram Chat integration (Facebook Business Messenger)

linked to these Forume messages, but no duplictates in the IDEA Forum: 

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  

Can you please look into utilizing the FB Business Manager API, to also integrate the Instagram Chat Messages. 

I would like to be able to respond to those messages, in the same way, as I do with Facebook Messenger through HubSpot. 

Hope this is being considered, and expanding the current beta chat scope. 

FB Chat Beta:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Facebook-Messenger-with-Conversations/idi-p...

Instgram Chat from Acedemy: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Answering-instagram-messages/m-p/27...

166 Replies
simon7
Member | Platinum Partner

Agree we should be able to reply to DMs via HubSpot.. it breaks the UX for CS and social teams and makes it very inefficient.

taquino

Very much needed indeed.

In Latin Instagram is well more used than FB. DM are a must have.

Thank you

Conisnotarobot
Member | Elite Partner

Commenting to hopefully bring this issue back to the forefront. This feature is sorely needed within HubSpot.

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

We're exploring this channel but it will likely be some time before we can natively integrate Instagram messages as this will require Facebook to add Instagram message access to their Messenger APIs before we can realize this type of integration.

We'll post an update  as we learn more!

wejwkel

Wait for this feature so much. Our 2 main channels are Facebook and Instagram and 99% of communication with customers going there. Without it any CRM has no reason to use.

Denblom

This feature is highly needed! The majority of hour business customers is handling all their communication via Instagram. So to adjust our communication to their needs, it's crutial for us to be able to respond the same we on Instagram then via Mail or other channels. 

wejwkel

Yeah, suppose so, but I found nothing about it in official IG Graph API docs. We almost started to move to Hubspot today… I thought that the presence of IG in FB Inbox means you have API access to all FB/IG/Whatsapp messages.

Hazael

For Hubspot Chat tool to be 100% effective Instagram Direct has to be integrated into Conversations.

hamiltomo

Yes, also being able to track new instagram followers would be ideal. Our data isn't feeling accurate because we track new followers for other platform but not Instagram.

MountainFire

So I spoke with the guys at ManyChat and they say one of the main reasons why this is not available is due to Instagram not having the API keys available for integration softwares like HubSpot and ManyChat to get feeds from the IG chat. So, it seems clear that the demand is there and it's just a matter of time. 

There is a free extension app for google chrome called "All-in-one" and it allows you to integrate different chat/messaging systems into a single application (with multiple tabs allowing you to jump into each respective platforms) one of these chat systems is Instagram - so those guys figured a work around.

But at the moment, my team is just sitting behind our Facebook business page for any social inquiries coming from IG and FB platforms.. 

lupinehollow

Agreed! This would be so helpful for my company as many of our sales conversations and customer touches occur in Instagram messages. 

Baloo
Participant | Partner

+1000 It becomes vital 🥴

reneabe

I need this asap as well. We have to have this one inbox. Tired to use glitched solutions to use IG DMs and WhatsApp. Come on Hubspot warriors!!!!! Help us!!!!

mnarbona

Una integración de la bandeja de entrada con Instagram y WhatsApp es esencial.

4ndre6racia

Is there any new hackn solution to this?

Ecommerce thru social media is "the thing" these days and the Hubspot CRM should be the platform to manage it. 

Someone bring these subject on the top of the pending developing things, please!!!

graceotaiza
Participant

+1

Denblom

Are there any news on that topic so far?

karineyrendahl
Participant

Getting Instagram Direct integrated with HubSpot is absolutely essential to be able to engage in social selling. We have a number of accounts that share content with our products every day and we have a lot of dialogue with many of our followers who have since become good ambassadors for us. We have created many exciting articles and customer cases based on the fact that we have built a relationship with them via Instagram. Losing all this communication in HubSpot is not good. We lose the opportunity to nurture our contacts as we wish. They go under the radar of HubSpot.

MRYoung

Based on the engagement that we receive, Facebook compared to Instagram, Facebook Messenger is a nice to have and Instagram is a MUST HAVE. We would love to see this idea gain some traction!

ceoe

This is a huge part of Customer Service that needs to be reflected in Hubspot features. It is not ideal having Instagram messages split on a different app.