HubSpot Ideas

TeemuLahti

Anonymous Feedback Survey

Our customer would like to create a survey for their own customers. The survey would work like this:

- Customer returns the rented lifting device to the office

- Customer then can submit a small feedback on the office computer/tablet which he/she could give anonymously or as identified

But at the moment you are really not able to use HubSpot Feedback Surveys as Anonymous, atleast not in this use. I tried to work around this by creating two different Surveys and open them in incognito mode. It works as long as all Surveys are anonymous but once someone is identified all the previous feedbacks are connected to that email.

Has anyone figured another way to work around this problem?

The possibility to create Anonymous Custom Feedback Surveys would be a great new feature for HubSpot and it is quite common in all other Feedback tools.

19 Replies
anujguleria
Participant

Hi @TeemuLahti , 

There isn't a direct workaround known for anonymous surveys unless you use a different platfrom to integrate with Hubspot.

What I would suggest is using a QR code or setting up a kiosk device (tablet/mobile or any display) at your site, and asking a question to the customer if he/she wants to give an anonymous survey. If yes, then proceed to the questions, but if they wish to be known by you and be contacted for the feedback, you can collect their data and act accordingly.

By using SurveySensum, you can achieve the above functionality and also set-up logic in the survey for the identity part. You can also update all this data automatically to your Hubspot account for ease of access.

Feel free to contact me if you require a demo for your usecase. I will be happy to help 🙂 

Thank you,

Tanuj

TeemuLahti
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi @anujguleria,

Thanks. That is one option, but the best scenario for our Customer would be that the feedback (wether contact choses it to be anonymous or not) would be given in the same Kiosk device in the same place and same view. So the contact can then decide on the device if he/she wants it to be anonymous or not. And I think that would be hard to work around with HubSpot tools.

I was thinking about SurveyMonkey aswell and it should be possible to be built in there (and you can integrate it to HubSpot). Will checkout SurveySensum aswell, thanks for the info!

Br,

Teemu

anujguleria
Participant

Hello @TeemuLahti,

The optional anonymity can be achieved using LOGIC which is present in almost every CX platform nowadays. You can hide the identity questions if the customer wants it to be anonymous and display it otherwise. This can be implemented in one single survey and you can even set it up on any smart device. 

Our team is working on integrating with Hubspot to directly sync the contact details and survey responses to Hubspot and it will be live within this month. This means you can still use Hubspot for everything with the added flexibility of customizable surveys.

We would surely love a feedback from you if you try it out 🙂

Best Regards,

Tanuj

TeemuLahti

Hi @anujguleria,

Yes I tried that logic with HubSpot Survey tools. Basically my demo was this:
- Created a landing page where the contact can select one of two options: "I want to give feedback anonymously" or "I want to give feedback with my name".
- Depending on the option the contact is Redirected to Another page, which is a Custom Feedback Survey link (Different Feedbacks for different options)
- In anonymous Feedback contact cannot give any contact information. On the other Feedback contact has to atleast submit Email

Result:

Does not work. Or well it works as long as all Feedbacks are Anonymous. But once someone chooses to give Feedback "as known contact" this will mess up the Survey. Because HubSpot identifies that OK this seems to be the same device, same browser etc. (even when used as Incognito). When this happens all Anonymously given feedbacks are tracked to that Known user. Even when they are two completely different Surveys.

Atleast in my demo's this happened, if someone has ideas I am happy to hear them.

If you have any ideas for that, I am happy to hear them! But to me it seems that this is hard to do with HubSpot Surveys. Would this case work in SurveySensum?

-Teemu

anujguleria
Participant

Hi @TeemuLahti,

I am sorry to hear that. Sure, this is possible with SurveySensum and I would love to demonstrate it to you.

How about we schedule a short call for the same and I can show you how to achieve this functionality, maybe even a better one once we start clubbing ideas together. I am currently in the IST time zone and am available for 4 more hours today or monday maybe if it suits you. I'll be happy to help.

My email is tanuj.diwan@neurosensum.com. Just tell me what time suits you best and I will schedule a meeting for the same.

Best Wishes,

Tanuj

TeemuLahti

Hi @anujguleria,

Thanks! I have sent all my information to our customer and will talk with them first to see how they wish to proceed. I will be in touch. 🙂

Br,

Teemu

anujguleria
Participant

Hi @TeemuLahti,

Sure, no worries at all.

Best wishes,

Tanuj

CHansen7
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is a great Idea! I would love to have the ability to anonymously submit Feedback Surveys inside HubSpot. This can help companies get honest feedback from contacts and their employees through internal surveys.

TeemuLahti

Yes exactly @CHansen7.

anujguleria
Participant

Hi @CHansen7 ,

That's exactly the idea. We've experienced this ourselves on multiple occasions that people are not willing to honestly answer something if they are held responsible for it, mostly because of the consequences afterwards. Hence, the option for anonymous feedback.

It works for the customer as well in certain use-cases.

Best,

Tanuj

BJongkind

Hi everyone,

We also faced the challenge where we wanted to have a internal survey where the results have to be anonymous. We created the survey in HubSpot and created a landing page where we used an iframe and embed the survey on this page. Submitting the survey on this page made it so that nothing is tracked and all the results show unknown contact.

I hope this workaround can help other.

Cheers,

Bas

NDainton
Participant

Does anyone know if there is an update on this? Seems like such a basic thing for a survey platform to offer anonymouse submissions...

ZMyr7

Upvoted! 

I can't fathom that Surveys don't have this functionality! We had to move to another solution because of this. Anonymity and conditional logic/branches on Survey would elevate HubSpot Surveys. 

PPacheco2
Participant | Platinum Partner

That is exactly my problem at the moment, I need to find a way to carry out anonymous surveys, I need help please.

emelie
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes, we also have clients who would like to do anonymous surveys!

LSmith502

Yes please!

LWu_CMS

Have the same request for the anonymous survey!

UlrikeB

Yes please! We are desperately waiting for this. Did anyone get an update if this is even considered?

JoostDerks
Member | Partner

one other upvote here, got a customer who wants to have anonymous surveys in his own company.