HubSpot Ideas

KeeganSmith87

Annual revenue calculated based on either rolling or static date range

I'd really like to be able to do the following, from a customer segmentation point of view:

Create a calculated property in which we can display:

Number of deals associated in a 12 month rolling (or static) set of dates (for instance, "total revenue within the last 12 months" vs "total revenue this calendar year")

This revenue would be calculated by doing a summary of deal totals (or deal subtotals, depending on selection made.)

This would allow us to qualify customers into (or out of) having a KAM or Dedicated Sales Rep, depending on their spend with our company.

Additionally, this would allow us to trigger events, for instance, maybe if we were to store annual revenue on a seperate property for each or rolling timeframe, if spending at months 24-13 > 12-1 rolling date range, indicate a decrease in spending and trigger a follow-up task for a representitive to reach out to figure out why they are spending less with us than before.

This could be massive and leveraged accross significant business segments using HubSpot. Quite honestly, it's amazing we don't yet have these abilities, given the insight this can give into trends of customer spending to indicate pre-churn.

9 Replies
nick_zinc

I think you can do this with calculated fields. I think you would need to create a few fields, but it would be something along the lines of.

1. Sum total spend of Amount of all Deals. Condition of closed date in the last 12 months.

2. Sum total spend of Amount of all Deals. Condition of close date between the last 13 - 24 months.

3. Divide numbers by each other to come up with percentage.

4. Create a property that turns on via workflow for sales follow up if under X percentage.

GPhilippas
Participant

@nick_zinc I believe your first point on the list would alone solve the issue of not being able calculate revenue from deals within the last year. The core of the problem is the limitation of not having control of any dates within a property calculation.

I too would love to see the ability to calculate deal revenue for the deals of the last 365 days in addition to the total [all time] revenue that is currently available.

scottflanigan
Participant | Gold Partner

Agreed! Would love to be able to trigger service events based on calculated fields and rolling date periods.. 

For example—we could create two calculated fields:

1) Revenue attributed on deals in last 1 year (365 days)

2) Revenue attributed on deals between 1–2 years ago

Then create a third field to identify:

3) Percentage change between 1 & 2

If ever exceeds 30% drop—create a ticket to act.

KKourafas

Replying in hopes that they'll add the ability to filter by dates within a property calculation! It seems a bit odd that there's no simple way to simply see those clients that has created the most revenue for you that year. They're all associated to deals.

MHebel
Participant

Hello, any updates on this? I am too trying to find the solution since we are a nonprofit doing fundraising and we need to segment donors depending on the total revenue per year, i tried creating a calculated property but theres no option of date selection.

Any ideas?

TruanSmithSVF

This really needs to be a feature - highly confused as to why it isn't

VCheung
Contributor

Bumped

jasonashaw
Contributor

Bump this please. 

KAL402

I was looking for a smilar solution and think I have stumbled upon an answer/workaround.

As mentioned, you cannot add date conditions to a sum calcuation. So you need to have the Deals filter themselves by date for you. 

I created a new score property within all my Deal records that will add one point if the deal is closed won and the close date was in the last 365 days. I then created the Sum calculation in the Contact record with the conditon that above property is equal to 1. It now only adds the total of deals that meet the criteria.

I hope that makes sense/is helpful!