HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Allowing ticket properties in contact workflow

Hi! Writing this for a customer here.

When a ticket changes stages, there will be times when different emails need to be sent out to different stakeholders. Currently under ticket automation, we only allow emails to be send out to all contacts associated with the ticket.

We do have associated deal/ activity for contact workflow > wondering why we don't have one for associated tickets? Would be great if we can implement this!

18 Replies
ktg
Participant

Yes this was very shocking that this didn't exist. Contact has workflows based off of almost everything EXCEPT tickets. We would also like to have workflows to mark our post sales customer journey based off of tickets where we carry out our onboarding and ongoing support

manucapel

👌

CharlieK2

YEp, we are struggling because this doesn't exist. We use AirCall for calls and we need to differentiate between inbound/outbound calls for a workflow to work. But that property doesn't go to Hubspot, so the workaround is to auto-create ticket for inbound calls only. But then we need a contact-based workflow that would know about the ticket. And they don't. Disappointing...

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is much needed!

brianserocke
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Adding a vote of support to this idea. We would love to have the most recent ticket submission properties associated with and available for contact-based workflows. The use case is for creating contact workflows that send marketing emails to and engage with the contact based on the values submitted when a new ticket is created. We would also like to create external tasks in our PM system when a ticket is created and use the values from the ticket submission to personalize the task name and description. 

JRubino

Upvoting this too and adding my use case as I'm sure others have experienced this.

I would like to match SDR/Contact Owner on the Contact to the Ticket Owner, but currently unable to pull the ticket property into my workflow. The situation is: a prospect reaches out to support and starts talking to an SDR via a ticket, and then that prospect fills out a form, I would love to route that form fill to the Ticket Owner as they are already talking to them.

jaybaum
Contributor

Upvoted as well! We need to use ticket-based and contact-based details together in internal emails to notify specific team members of new ticket creations. Some of those users are not in Hubspot, and they simply just need an email to go off of. 

Its a pain as we can create these emails but we cant apply them to any type of workflow. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.32.38 AM.png

GEiselt
Contributor

+1

I don't understand why the Contacts-based workflows are so limited compared to other objects (no custom object support either). Thought the Ticket object and its properties would be useable as triggers since it is an OOTB HubSpot object.

RCeelen

Very shocking that this didn't exist, too 🙈

BenGale
Contributor

Yes this would be useful. It already seems backwards that I need to mark them as marketing contacts to be able to just send them an email automatically during ticket flow, but right now I can't even work out how to do that because I can't trigger a workflow on a contact based on tickets. This seems like basic stuff.

SarahMayo1
Participant

This is my third company where I've implemented Hubspot over the last 5 years and in every context it's been a huge functionality gap that we can't easily trigger workflows and actions across Contacts and Tickets 😭 Please let 2022 be the year!!!!! 🙏

PSmith16

this needs to happen should have been put in, in the first place

samglenn
Top Contributor

We are dyinggggg for this capability. We have to have so many custom contact properties set from ticket workflows because there is not Ticket object integration in Contact workflows. If we're able to do this with Deals, it seems to be an easy fix to add Tickets?

LUlrich1

+1. Missing a lot of functionality without this

RezMerz

+1 for this it's really neccesary. 

PhilThomas
Participant | Platinum Partner

Another +1 for this. Absolutely crazy how we can't trigger contact workflows with ticket events.

HanaHuyenNguyen
Participant

Much needed as well, we need to send notification to contact owner if the contact submits any ticket. It is shocking that such simple workflow is not possible. You can copy the contact owner to ticket level, but then HubSpot will trigger this weird notification to contact owner once that value is copied: "You have been assigned a ticket", even though that is not true. 

Lanny-Heiz
Participant

If someone is looking for a workaround.

Pretty silly. You have literally access to ANY other object except ticket properties. 

So here's what you do. 

1. Create a list with the filters you need. 

2. Create the workflow you want. In the triggers you set the list membership as an enrolment trigger. 

Tested this and it works. 

Hope it helps someone