HubSpot Ideas

sgagliano

Allowing Lookup Values as Properties

It would be valuable to be able to create proprties that are lookup values of records from other entities. As an example, On "Companies" I would like to be able to lookup a "Contact" where I could have the contact be a property on the company.  The Contact, serving as a property for Compnies could indicate a "Referring Contact" or "Principal Owner". 

This would allow referrals to be tracked for credit and reporting, among other uses.

79 Replies
ESolares

We just transitioned from Salesforce to HubSpot and this is a big part of our process. 

From assigning Primary Billing and Procurement Contacts to Deals, to having dedicated Success Managers on the companies, while keeping our Sales staff as the main company owners.

Not only that but being able to then mass upload these fields with the Contact IDs as well. 

I hope this gets a ton more upvotes...

JTesche

+1 

MW96
Participant

It's really insane that such a simple thing is missing. Please add this as soon as possible, it would fix so many things!

IconAdmin

We actually ended up canceling HubSpot due to this feature not existing. If a simple program like Podio can do lookup fields, no reason a bigger company like HubSpot can't implement it by now. 

dchambers
Contributor

This is desperately needed within HubSpot. All "Associated Company", "Associated Contacts", and even "Associated Deals need to be able to be updated in mass to be considered a fully functional CRM.

zkrr

+1

ssladek

It's such a missed opportunity to not be able to connect these two categories in Hubspot.  I'm shocked this is not an existing feature. 

jaskeller
Member | Diamond Partner

You really don't have an actual CRM unless you can leverage the power of object relationships. This property type is really a requirement for me as an SFDC admin and for all of my clients currently using SFDC. Cannot switch to HubSpot CRM without it. 

Jdanie1

Couldn't have said it any better jaskeller! It isn't a CRM without this feature. We ultimatly ended up canceling HubSpot because this feature was missing. Object relationship really takes system customization to the next level.

DLopez1404
Participant

Agreed. Having lookup fields from one object to another is a must have 🙂

MTBCybermaniacs

This is literally insane that I have to keep a text field to track any related record... and rely on my sales people to fill it in accurately each time. Ha ha ha.  I just want to attribute revenue to each of our partners with a simple Lookup field. Nope. Are you serious?

seanalexander1
Sales team lied and said it could do lookups, then tried to lock me in the
contact. Hubspot is a terrible crm and company and the most expensive
SuperMario1

+1

AMaglione8

I am mildly horrified that HubSpot doesn't have this feature.  We are in the process of transitioning from Salesforce to HubSpot, and I never even thought to verify whether this feature was available because I assumed it was one of the most basic features of any competitive CRM.  This is a really unpleasant surprise a few weeks into this process.

ErikB

Another basic CRM feature that HubSpot is missing. We're already able to create properties for HubSpot Users, there's no reason the same functionality should not be extended to all objects.

LMcCormack2

I agree with previous posts.  This is a major gap in HubSpot and actually the first "show stopping" one I have encountered as a new HubSpot Super Admin.  Thus far, I am blown away by the ease of use and enhanced features over competitor X.  To have a Company property on the Contact not look up to master records is a pretty big miss for me.  Please please promote this one!!

MW96
Participant

Please get this done asap - this is really basic CRM functionality. Unbelievable that's it's not there out of the box.

REM-USA
Participant

Seems the general HubSpot community does not understand the value and importance of the Lookup property. We need all users to vote on this feature request. I see other similar ideas. Perhaps the HubSpot community moderator can merge all the same Lookup property type ideas into one record for higher vote counts. Vote, vote, vote. We desperately need this request programmed into a feature release.

DLopez1404
Participant

Agreed. Almost 2.5y this open topic. It is a shame!

This is a really, really basic feature for any CRM & Data analysis. Understand HubSpot is not the best tool for data analysis for its feature but this is basic info! 

Lists are not enought for analysis, plus, lists generates records on the objects that pass throught the lists....what also creates unusuful data in the system. 

I´ve also seem that this is not the 1st topic related to this so agreed that some HubSpot moderator should take care of it and merge those open topics. .. this way we could have the real visibility and needed for this request.  This is really important! 

DLopez1404
Participant

Hello community managers, could you please help us on pushing this topic internally in HubSpot and by giving some feedback? I could only find the managers @  @jennysowyrda @sharonlicari @natsumimori @PamCotton @dennisedson @TiphaineCuisset @MiaSrebrnjak @JoeMayall 

I´m also interested to learn more about the HubSpot community criteria as well to understand how it considers and set open topic´s priority.

Understand the concept of votes but what is the metric/KPI? How many upvotes or interactions a topic should have to grab some attention? 

Thank you ver much in advance for your attention. Kind regards,