HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Allowing Google Analytics 4 (Web data stream) with HubSpot

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Looking forward to see HubSpot supporting GA4 within our integration settings as well (instead of having add to page html) manually!

Thanks!

17 Replies
LizaW
Participant

Hi 

Be great to know when HubSpot will be supporting GA4 intergrations soon too

JReekes
Participant

I believe this would be simple enough for us customers, if HubSpot used the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code instead of the old analytics.js method. If HubSpot was using the current Global Site Tag script, we could easily connect the GA-4 property to our existing Google tracking code.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9744165#use_existing_tags

TWLaw
Member | Elite Partner

It can be done, but only if you turn on the UA tracking ID as the property is being set up in GA4. Otherwise we would have to create another property. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Grab-the-Google-UA-code-in-the-new-GA4-format/t...

Unfortunately, this isn't the case with most of our clients as they are already set up on GA4. Would love to see an easier work around, but glad there is at least an option if you know to create this UA code as you set up GA4.

SFergusonII
HubSpot Employee

Looking forward to see this idea as well!

JClimaco

Yes - hoping to see an easier workaround as Google will be phasing out Universal Analytics Soon

chrisE

Yes, please add GA4 native support to Hubspot asap since GA3 will go away and we need year over year data.

RBaylies

Yes please ... I upvote this compatibility as a bare necessity....  

HGriffiths
Contributor

There HAS to be GA4 connectivity for Hubspot to keep its current value proposition re: advertising integrations & attribution into a space where third-party cookies don't exist, especially with GA4's focus on improved attribution and plugging in of offline data. We're 13 months away from from losing UA for good and third-party cookies will disappear shortly after...get on GA4 now, Team Hubspot!

OGS_Mktg

Upvote @HGriffiths comment and agree 100%.

TAlfieri

Upvote @HGriffiths comment and agree 100%.

JSexauer
Participant

There is currently a Beta running for GA4 Hubspot Integration. We are part of it, but experiencing some problems. The numbers that GA4 is showing since the integration just don't add up to me and differ widely from the data that UA is showing.

HGriffiths
Contributor

@JSexauer at least there's a Beta running! Do you know if it's possible for others to enrol? Or can you share who from Hubspot is working with you on it?

JSexauer
Participant

@HGriffiths That's true. As far as I know you simply have to write the support to enroll. I found it myself through a thread where someone mentioned it. And we started participating. Much Luck!

HGriffiths
Contributor

@JSexauer thanks so much! I have emailed. 

HGriffiths
Contributor

All here - the Beta only appears to be available for people using website pages/the Hubspot CMS. There doesn't appear to be an integration between the overall Hubspot interface, marketing suite etc, for those with their own independent website/CMS. This is disappointing.

OGS_Mktg

@HGriffiths I am one of those customers, and it is very disappointing. 💯 

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

This would be very good for HubSpot branding as well if CMS is to be taken as a serious contender.. 

HubSpot CMS missing in actionHubSpot CMS missing in action