HubSpot Ideas

KevinFMTV

Allow workflows to delete or mark tasks complete

USE CASE: We use a custom property to identity when a contact is known to be a dead lead. However, many of these contacts have pending tasks associated which are no longer applicable once a contact is dead.

PROPOSED FUNCTIONALITY: Add a feature to workflows which would allow changing the status of a task or deleting it. Basically this would be just the opposite of creating a task from a workflow ... but perhaps a bit more complex to implement . Currently workflows auto create many tasks which now no long are applicable and must be manually deleted.
HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
June 25, 2021 09:21 AM

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the continued feedback here. It's very helpful as we have been digging in to understand the use-cases better.

While we don't have anything currently planned here, we will update you if that changes.

Best,

Jesse

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 01:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

137件のコメント
Lorenzoenns
参加者

Absolutely a must. We have a workflow that triggers when a Contact Owner is assigned to a lead. It automatically creates tasks and assigns them to the Contact Owner as they start following up the lead.

We also have a 1 hour expiration on that assignment. If the Contact Owner doesn't work the lead within an hour (send an email, call, or text), the assignment is released and the lead becomes available to be reassigned to a different sales agent (Contact Owner) with availability to follow up the lead. 

If this happens, the old tasks for the old Contact Owner need to be manually deleted. It would be amazing if Workflows could simply automate this.

Dead leads are another good example of when a Workflow should be able to delete all remaining and irrelevnat tasks once the lead enters that category.

I'm surprised this thread has been going on for so long with so many likes and still no feature implemented or even a plan??

JOrlando19
メンバー

has this been updated yet????? SHOULD BE A MAIN PRIORITY

KSchickentanz
参加者

I'm baffled that this feature has not been included since years.
I can't delete tasks or just put them in another queue with a workflow.
There must be some way to get rid of obsolete task without closing them by hand.

Teamup_Justin
メンバー

It's crazy that this isn't a feature, but after 4 years, I don't expect it will ever arrive now.

jmbray
参加者

Big +1 here. Critical to our business operations.

We'd like to automatically "Clean-Up" tasks, either deleting them or marking Task Status = Complete when its associated Deal or Ticket hits a certain stage (i.e., Closed Won, Closed Lost, or Solved) 

For example, we have follow-up tasks assigned to reps to follow up on a Deal that has already sold. We'd like to automatically mark those tasks as complete so reps are not wasting time looking at tasks that are, in essence, complete. 

Thank you for considering; understand it could be challenging with the associations.

dcsdigital
メンバー

Hi guys,

As it looks like this isn't going to be implemented, I developed a mini Hubspot app which creates a new Workflow action to make this possible (not released on the marketplace, just using it personally at the moment). If you're interested in using it for yourself, I could look at releasing it on the marketplace.

Or if you'd like to try it out, just give me a shout - you can reach me via scott@dcsdigital.co.uk 

P.s. here's a preview of it
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 17.24.51.png

NKolev
参加者

This will be a really helpful feature.

P.S. @dcsdigital I've sent you an email about your solution.

dcsdigital
メンバー

@NKolev it doesn't look like the e-mail came through - could you try to support@ instead? 🙂

JMartin9
参加者

This would be very useful.

Our sales team relies heavily on tasks to structure their work. I'd like to be able to remove all pending tasks from a record once it has been deemed unqualified or lost.

Roeland_RS
参加者

Would be very good to keep task lists clean. Ie, a record is set to done/closed then auto-complete all tasks related to that record. 

AMackiewicz
メンバー

YES! We need this automation. Some of our workflows will trigger a "private" task to the owner to do various things as a reminder for them. Ideally, the owner should be clearing their tasks themselves, but we all know that is not how things work. 

There should be something we can add to the workflow that would automate closing/completing the task if it hasnt been already due to it not being needed anymore (change of status/activity/moved away from what the workflow was triggering). 

Please implement this!!!!

David-Perth
メンバー

3 years of requests for a pretty simple and very practical feature.  I'm a little disappointed to see nothing has been implemented here by the HS team to make this happen! Please read these comments!

LWynder
参加者

Yep, we would use this function in a workflow - when a survey is received to close the task created to ensure the survey link was sent.

zach_threadint
トップ投稿者

Hi @KevinFMTV 👋

I hope you're well. I've created an app, Utilities for HubSpot, offering features that fit your described use case. Specifically, the app offers 2 custom workflow actions that you could consider using:

1. Mark All Tasks as Complete
    • When deployed within a HubSpot workflow, this action marks all Tasks associated with the enrolled record as Complete.
  2. Delete Associated Tasks
    • When deployed within a HubSpot workflow, this action deletes all Tasks associated with the enrolled record.

As outlined in the app's Usage Guide, both these custom workflow actions also offer the option to restrict their effect to Tasks sharing the same Owner (i.e. the assigned HubSpot user) as the enrolled record.

I realise it's been years since your post, so you may have moved on from this idea. Regardless, given how many upvotes your idea has generated, I figure there might be others in the community that could benefit from this app.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

Zach

--

TCooper6
メンバー

We need this in the worst way! Why hasn't this been implemented? Seems to be a pretty common sense idea to be able to reverse auto created tasks. Really would love to hear Hubspots feedback on this?

MHourcade
メンバー

To do ! 

ABatman
参加者

This could be such a useful feature. We already have ability to find and check if task is complete in Enrollment triggers so it should also be possible to edit those tasks.

Our team really needs this feature, we have a lot of processes that cannot be done in hubspot. So the best way to track their progress and let users know what they need to do is through these tasks and we could end up with a couple dozen of them in a single deal. At this point it is near impossible to find an unfinished task in a huge list inside deal activities. Being able to automatically remove finished tasks when changing stage would be a huge help here.

LY
投稿者

My company's use case would be to mark tasks associated with a deal complete if the deal is moved into our pipeline stage for clients who terminated services.

LY
投稿者

This could also relate to another feature I think would be really helpful. 
There are lots of places in HubSpot where you can link to a workflow that uses a property or other such things, and I use these links all the time.

It would be awesome if when you look at a task history you could see not just "done by automation" in the user field but have a link to the workflow that created the task, like how when you get an email from a workflow, you can click the "sent by automation" link to be taken to that workflow.
I would use that all the time to double check that workflows were only assigning tasks as intended and easily tweak the triggers if the task showed up somewhere it shouldn't.

Maybe the "address" or identifier of the workflow that made the task could be useful in allowing workflows to know which tasks to delete. In our case, if I move a deal into the terminated business stage of my pipeline, I would want any open tasks from a workflow of mine called "renewal to-do list" to be completed.

DataFlikGuy1
メンバー

Definitely a need