HubSpot Ideas

JP10

Allow workflow to action on a dynamic date contained in a field on company or contact record

Seems simple enough- I want to send an email on a specific date that is contained within a company field.

Our use case is that each customer has a different Free Trial period depending on the date they signed up and the plan they select. This Free Trial Expiration Date is contained in a field on the company record. We would like to send an email on the Free Trial Expiration Date, but currently there is no way to action this.

3 Replies
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @JP10 

Could you try copying this to a contact address and then using that to trigger a date based workflow.

I think the reason this doesnt work is because emails dont get sent to companies, but to induviduals in a company.

JP10

Hi @NicoleSengers 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by copying to a contact address. My use case is that the contact associated with a company gets an email on the trial expiration date contained in a record- the trigger and workflow shouldn't depend on where the record is contained, correct?

What I'm asking for is a way to trigger an action within a workflow based on the date contained within a record- if you know of a way to do that I'm all ears! 🙂

KyleH513

@JP10 , simply make a workflow to copy the company field to a contact field. Then make a new workflow that is a "Contact Date Property" workflow, centered around that date field on the contact.