HubSpot Ideas

DVoyta-Pet

Allow wildcard blocking of email address domains

We have someone or someones who keep filling out our forms over and over with bogus (but working) email addresses. They keep altering the domain with subdomains so that I feel like I play whack-a-mole every morning adding 3 or 4 new "domains" to the block list. I would like a way include all subdomains they might create, much like you would use an asterisk as a wildcard. Examples of the email addresses we are receiving:  students.postermaking.in gema.postermaking.ingemakid.compaintingolympics.gemakid.comschools.postermakingcontest.compostermakingcontest.comschools.postermaking.incompetition.postermaking.incontest.postermaking.inpostermaking.in,

2 Replies
MRamberg
Contributor

I concur. We have been receiving a TON of SPAM leads since mid-May, all with the same ".in" email domains. We've been blocking individual IP addresses, but it's not easy to get to because HubSpot no longer gives you IP addresses. It would be nice if HubSpot had a more robust offering for forms to help minimize these types of submissions.

mjpanarella
Participant

Just allow wildcard searching for list development period. Seems like a fairly straightforward concept and function of list management and CRM.