HubSpot Ideas

tom569039875678

Allow users to be 'primary team member' of more than one team

Currently, a user can be a 'primary' member of only one team. The user can be added to other teams as an 'additional team member', but many team features are unavailable to these 'additional' users (see list of restrictions below).

This is problematic and causing us considerable pain because some users need full access to multiple teams, e.g. an individual who is multi-role, or management/supervisory staff who need to monitor what goes on in the team. This is particularly true in smaller businesses. The one primary team restriction seems unjustifiable .

Restriction's on 'additional team members':

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/assign-users-additional-teams

These users will not be included in any team reports, routing rules (e.g., conversation routing rules), team notifications (e.g., form submission email notifications to a team), or workflow rotation actions. They will also not be able to view any custom records views set up for the team.

The solution is to allow users to be primary members of multiple teams.

Any feedback?

42 Kommentare
TShukert47
Teilnehmer/-in

It is very painful only to be able to send team notifications from workflows to one team per user. 

Brucey
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

We have a client with users that exist in multiple teams.

We need users to be in multiple teams (or additional team members), so that we can use those teams in workflows to send internal emails / notifications.

DCooper99
Mitglied

This has proben to be painful for my company as well.

This needs to be fixed.

lukecro
Teilnehmer/-in

+1

TCormier
Mitglied

Anoter +1, apparently almost two and a half years from the original post.

PMitchell69
Mitglied

Chipping in with my +1 too. This seems like a completely needless restriction on capabilites. Like many others, I have users straddling Teams and having to micro-manage individual memberships for notifications rather than simply notify a team is a pest

JWestman
Mitglied

Needs to be fixed. Almost 3 years ago now the post was made. 

Defeats the purpose of having teams that you can use in Workflows. 

Instead of "Hardcode" communications to specific users you should be able to use "Teams" to add and remove users. It's nearly impossible if you have multiple Workflows that are hardcoded to users to keep track of who gets what. Much easier to use the "Team" in the Workflow and remove and add new users from it. 

Please put this in prio

ShanB
Mitglied

+1 . Currently adding a lot of additional manual workarounds with such limited functionality with teams. Could be easily resolved by allowing a user to be a primary team member of more than one team. Agree that it seems like a completely needless restriction with the current set up.

JLewis91
Teilnehmer/-in

Upvoting this as well... crazy this still hasn't been resolved!

JakeKnight
Teilnehmer/-in

Jumping back in to bump this post. The inability for a user to get the functionality of the extra teams he is a part of is obsurd and makes the functionality of having extra members useless. 

We are looking at building sales goals. We have members of leadership that also contribute to the sales numbers. I'm not going to assign them as a primary to a sales team just so they can be included in sales goals. That's just one of many painpoints around this so called feature. 

TonyPRQPanda
Teilnehmer/-in

Working on the new goals platform and the inability to create teams that aren't main members ruins the tool. Please fix!!! This will make the goal reporting AMAZING!!

MWolf
Stratege/Strategin

In our organization, employees are members of multiple "primary teams" (i.e., regional and subject teams), and we need the possibility to add numerous primary teams to a user account. 

GWakefield
Mitglied

This feature is fundamental to lead generation, as we have teams for reporting and pipeline but also teams for leads and sales enquiries. Not having the upgrade not only wastes time when team members leave/new starters or move teams, but is not sustainable from a lead generation perspective. 

EBeaumont
Mitglied

Totally agree, this feature needs to be implemented as soon as possible, especially with such high demand. It is extremely time-consuming having to rotate between individual users, especially when employees leave and new employees join!

JAlmonte16
Mitglied

+1, upvoting this feature too.

We have supervisory roles that are in different teams.

AnilGupta
Teilnehmer/-in

Upvoted this. Require this feature at earliest.

Geetan
Mitglied

This is such a problem being the project owner and tryign to setup right access, permissions, worklfows and reportign strructure for different teams. It's such a pain. Right now have been recommended to switch being Main user in different teams but it's not a good solution. There should be like a develop access where you can setup different things for various teams. Definitley votign for this to be solved sooner. 

Acammell
Mitglied

I agree, additional team members need to have the same capabilities as primary team members, especially in workflows where we are using teams to assign tasks or notify team members of changes in a deal status. 

RakkyCurvelo
HubSpot Employee

upvoting! 

LauGil
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

I agree with @JWestman!

We have been waiting for almos 4 years ago now the post was made. 

I'm working with a customer who needs this ASAP! It's causing huge pain! Is there any update on this idea? Is it even on the roadmap?