HubSpot Ideas

AlexHodgson

Allow unpublish in bulk

I've been doing a tidy up of old and underperforming pages and whilst I can apply 301 redirects in bulk, I can't then unpublish them in bulk.  This is a bit of a pain and something I thought would take a few minutes is now going to take me hours 😞

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
March 18, 2024 06:49 AM

We now support bulk publishing features (including bulk unpublish) with CMS Hub Enterprise subscriptions. Thank you for this idea submission, marking this one as Delivered.

9 Commentaires
JeannieF
Participant

I agree! I'm in the same boat. I would like to unpublish archived landing pages in bulk. We don't use the pages anymore but they keep showing up in organic searches.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi! Commenting for a customer here:

When a page is archived, customers are given the option to just "archive" or "archive and unpublish". With multiple users in the same portal, such action can be inconsistent.

As such, when they want to now unpublish an archived page to remove them from SEO, they would have to go through it one by one due to the lack of filtering options within the archived pages. This is time consuming! Please allow bulk unpublishing feature, especially for archived pages. 

Thank you!

alex_flitton
Participant

Agreed. I have all of the URLs I want to archive prepared in a Google Sheet, but can't seem to find a way to archive them in bulk. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pajuma
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Not only would it be nice to unpublish/publish in bulk, but also have bulk tag management. 

The ability to edit this plus meta descriptions on the main blog page, instead of having to click into the post, would be much more convenient. 

After completing a website migration with 400 posts, all of which need to be reviewed for proper tags and meta descriptions.

SamPilgrim
Participant

It's not a full solution, but a workaround for bulk unpublishing (or similar actions that can't currently be done in bulk) is to use a tool like Keyboard Maestro.

I needed to unpublish 250 blog posts, and I managed to set up a macro to do all the manual clicking for me in a fraction of the time (and with a lot less hand cramp...). Requires a bit of a watchful eye to make sure it stays on track, but it gets the job done.

Birdman3000
Membre

I Agree. This would be a great feature.

MN1
Participant

Basic enterprise-level functionality for content management that is causing a lot of customers unecessary wasted time. Another point to note is that simply bulk redirecting these pages without unpublishing them still preserves them in the XML sitemap, which is not sufficient as a workaround. 

BSenske
Membre

I agree, something like the ability to upload a .csv file with the fileds for the URL and then the status setting like Archive and Unpublish. They have that working for the redirects, it doesn't seem like that would be so hard to impliment.

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
secarroll
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

We now support bulk publishing features (including bulk unpublish) with CMS Hub Enterprise subscriptions. Thank you for this idea submission, marking this one as Delivered.