HubSpot Ideas

JoeDavies

Allow totals on unsummarized reports

9 Replies
sophiakhan
Participant

We have the same problem, and when using the unsummarized table for displaying a Sales Team "Wins" report, we can't show a total at the bottom to indicate revenue for the week. It is broken down  by deal but it would be great if we could show the sum of all deals closed weekly!

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! It would greatly benefit customers to be able to show the deal totals at the bottom of unsummarised report, so that they can see the totals alongside the other relevant deal properties that matter to them too

RHowell15

We are trying to do this for our Revenue Sales and Profit info - it would be really helpful. 

edstennett

We are migrating from salesforce where we reported on renewals coming up per quarter. The fact we can't define our own quarters is annoying in itself, but not being able to return a list of deals with totals at the bottom is frustrating.

JesusGarcia

It is definitely surprising how functionalities like this are not available in HubSpot. I believe this is such an important thing to have in a report for deals that I can't really believe it is not an out-of-the-box feature.

CBroeders
Participant | Platinum Partner

To anyone here not having found the solution yet - i just found that there is a property called "Contact ID" and if you pull that into the column section on a table chart it will show the link to the record and together with the count of contacts it will show a total at the bottom. 

CBroeders_0-1631087772523.png

Hope this helps,

Chris Broeders
Consultant, Inbound Marketing

CBroeders_1-1631087808750.png

LWiart1
Participant

It's borderline funny that reports can't have automatic totals at the bottom of a column.

For Deals (Amount, weighted amount), it makes the HubSpot reports useless !

I want to filter by Sales Rep -> no total, useless !

I want to filter by Country -> no total, useless !

etc...

A tool like Notion (generic), has automatic totals in its tables (databases), but a CRM like HubSpot doesn't 🤣

LWiart1
Participant

I did some digging, and it's actually already possible :  when creating a report, one has to set  aggregation to "sum" for the values to display Totals for.

It doesn't make much sense when creating a report since Amount and Weighted Amount are not values to aggregate, but this trick does then provide the Totals at the bottom of the table...

MShandor

I believe I have found a work around to getting the unsummarized data to populate.  If you use the Record ID for the Contact (or Company depending on your CRM), as the distint count field since each Record ID is unique Hubspot will count all of them (unsummarized). 

Example:  I work in commercial real estate and I needed all inbound leads by state but Hubspot kept summarizing my totals which left me with inaccurate information. 

Step 1: Under Break Down I chose Company State/Region

Step 2: Under Values I chose Contact Record ID (distinct count). 

Step 3: Under Fields I chose Lead Source (custom field I created for our company)

IMPORTANT:

Once you do these steps, you will then click on the Filters tab and locate the additional field you added.  Choose "is any of" and click all available options.  If you do not do this part you will have people included with (no value) which will skew the chart.  

This process allowed me to create a bar graph and for a pie chart for my data.  

Further Explanation:

Break Down By: this should be what you want to see separately.  In my example above, I wanted to see inbound referrals by state. So, I needed to break my data down by the State/Region field.

Values:  this will be your distinct count.  In my example above, I chose Record ID for Contacts because I needed each one to be counted and therefore it had to be unique.  Record IDs are always unique so they could be your distinct count for Contact, Companies, Deals, Tasks, etc. can not be summarized.

Fields: this should be how you want your Break Down field to be quantified.  In my example above, I wanted each state to show the number of inbound leads.

***NOTE: as I said above you want to always choose to FILTER your results by the field you want quantified. Do NOT choose "is known", instead choose "is any of" and click all of your available options you want included.  If you choose "is known", you will get results labeled (no value)

Per the original post, if you do not filter all of your deals by deal phase using "is any of" then click on all of the phases you want to include, you will get a large number of (no value) in your chart for all Contacts/Companies that are not in the deal phase.  Comparatively, I used the filter so that I could remove all Contacts that were NOT an inbound lead.

Hope this helps.