HubSpot Ideas

specksie

(Allow to) Send more than one DOI (Double Opt In) Email and Opt In Reminder Mail

Hi,

(Allow to) Send more than one DOI (Double Opt In) Email

Think about this case: A user submit a form and recieves an DOI Mai. He does NOT confirm the email in this case. Later, he visits our website again and fills out another (or the same) form AGAIN. What happens? Nothing, because he had not confirmed the first opt in mail before. But maybe heinterested in confirming his mail now, because he has other intentions to submit the form. We lost this user and potential client forever.

So it should be possible to (automatically) send more than one DOI Mail (e.g. after a period of time or if the user fills out another form).

Opt In Reminder Mails

A user recieved an Opt In Mail and did not confirm his identity - e.g. because he forgot it or does not find the time to confirm). From our perspective it make sense to send him a (final and unique) SECOND DOI MAIL after a period of time. I think this DOI Email Reminder will increase our Opt In Rate elementary.  Using an email workflow is not possible, because the user did not give us permission to send him marketing emails. 

Both features seem to be gdpr conform and could work within the EU.

14 Replies
Dejan

Hi @specksie ,

we are currently facing the same problem. A contact has not reacted to the first DOI but then decides to download a Case Study some time later. The user doesn't recieve the Download Mail because he is not opted in, nor does he get another DOI-Mail or any information whatsoever. For the user, it seems like something on the website doesn't work. Conclusion -> we lose this user, who might me a potential lead or customer forever.

Please find a solution here HubSpot-Team.

svengeorgiev

Hi, we have the same issue. We lose a lot of potential leads because they dont confirm. Has anyone found a time effective solution (maybe creating a dynamic list of non-confirmers and twice a week sending the DOI Mail to the new members of the list) ?

Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

YvonneK
Contributor

Hi there,

we are facing the same issue: we provide Whitepapers and brochures about our business. So customer submits form > needs to confirm double opt in > receives email with the promised content. However, when the customer doesn´t click the doi, we have no further means of communicating. He will be disappointed. He might fill out the form again > this time no doi sent, so more disappointment. How can I set up a reminder doi mail to explain, he will only receive content from us if opted in?

(Sending this initial info without forcing a marketing opt in is another issue for another ticket... 🙂 ). 

So unfortunately I have to agree with your painpoints, specksie. 

Let us hope for a solution.

Cheers,

Yvonne

PK_Marketing

I second this. It would be nice to have the ability to send a second double opt-in email automatically without having to manually go into each contact record to send. 

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Unfortunate limitation to the double-opt in process. Would be great if this could be improved!

Ruben_tB
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is serious. The current Double opt-in process is quite useless without the ability to send reminder emails for the very same reason as described in the original description. Any updates on this @hubspot?

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I agree that the ability to send a second (or possibly more) DOI email is critical to getting a contact to comply. 

The example provided above regarding assets is the same potential issue we are facing...we have a client that wants to turn on DOI in HubSpot, but we are investigating how this will impact interactions with new marketing contacts going forward before we turn it on.

The workaround we are suggesting regarding assets is to have a Thank You page that the visitor gets sent to once they complete the form so they can access the asset immediately. It isn't ideal, because some people do just want to get the email with the asset and view it in depth later. But so far, this seems to be the only way to get a white paper or guide to a contact who has expressed direct interest in receiving it.

I currently don't have a workaround regarding other marketing efforts that someone would want to be a part of, such as a webinar or event if they do not open and click the DOI email they receive.

IFurey

+1

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

+1

LauraMacDevici

+1

GCampaniello
Member | Diamond Partner

+1

tristanisginger

This problem is 5 years old! Come on @hubspot 

TimRip

Sad. 6 years and nothing happend! In detail much more sad because the function was already implemented within the "private content", so a copy&paste of the function or its concept would minimize the implementation effort enormous too. 

Deactivating the DOI is not a real option for us, because the effort for the topics afterwards is too large