HubSpot Ideas

CCasemore

Allow the use of relative dates in workflow/smart list criteria

HubSpot Marketing currently only allows smart lists and workflows to use Deal date fields as absolute values (eg. August 17, 2017). This makes it very difficult to create smart lists and workflows based on aging deals or moving time ranges.

The ability to use relative date fields (eg. today, older than 2 weeks, less than 2 months ago) would open up so many possibilities in dynamic workflow enrollment.

41件のコメント
pdr
参加者

Agreed. We spend a lot of time mapping out dates - totally unnecessary.

arsham
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Yes, times infinity!

anejako
参加者

I would like to see HubSpot Product/Engineering respond here and to explain/justify the gap in design in why relative dates are not able to be used in Workflows.  

This has been a marketing automation platform in other platforms for almost 15 years so I do not see the reason why HubSpot has this gap.

JMoreau
参加者

This is very important to our team as well! We just went live with HubSpot a few days ago and found that we cannot filter by, for example, deals created on today in a workflow or list. It's a big concern for us. 

MichelleFink
投稿者

Huge huge concern for us as well when we started with Hubspot. We do not have the ability to close a deal and then set up a project start date with some kind of check-in cadence with the client. This is because you cannot configure a workflow to say: Use the project start date and send an email to client X days after that project start date. This is possible to engineer... You can trigger actions x numbers of days before or after a date field.

sgchili
参加者

Totally agree.  It's impossible to run create lists with no ticking clock... If NetSuite did it 10 years ago, I'd think HubSpot could do it now!

LasseKudsk
参加者

Huge issue for us. And googling this issues shows that many users have this issue. Therefore it is very strange that HubSpot haven't replied on this, with an estimate on when to solve this?

anejako
参加者

I think it's something that marketers especially those who do customer journeys based on relative periods of time, need to keep pushing for.  Without it HubSpot is not truly a marketing automation platform.

pdr
参加者

Salesforce / Marketing Cloud release new software CONSISTENTLY (3x a year) with updates and improvements.

HubSpot - where are you and when can we expect a fix for this?! Could we please have some insight into what's on the roadmap? Otherwise, we may need to start shopping elsewhere for a solution.

JosieSA
投稿者

OMG this is sooo needed. Especially as workflows cant handle re-enrolment. 

Hubspot when is this going to happen!!!

SamuelSt
メンバー

Agree.

@Hubspot where is this on the roadmap please?

Related topic:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-for-rolling-date-range-within-lists-segmented-b...

Samuel

bb14
メンバー

Relative date filtering would be very useful and save lots of time and manual process!

FrancisPilon
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Add me to the ones who need this functionality.

MrTMoney
メンバー

Agree with all above. Not having the ability to trigger workflows based on relative deal-related date properties is a major issue in HubSpot. 
Echo @SamuelSt

jsloat
メンバー

+1 from us -- we want to send auto-notifications to sales whenever one of their deals is getting close to its close date. Only solution I can see is to use the API, which is not something we'd like to do.

Eleven11
トップ投稿者

We need this ability for the new activity criteria as well. I want to create smart lists of contacts that were called and who answered in the last 30 days. 

kezza
メンバー

Add me to the list!  We want to have a list criteria for <Date of Action> equals TODAY

bpotter
投稿者

Yup! I'm creating a list that sends a "Welcome" email to clients who's "Intake" is TODAY. Struggling to figure out how to do this. Greater than 0 days, less than 1 day from now? It's confusing.

dave
参加者

This is very important for sales follow up to not fall through the cracks. If we have a variable time then it can be set to specific intervals. ie. after 3 weeks of no activity send notification to team. 

Well overdue.

annieseattle
投稿者

Please, Hubspot, help us out with this!  It's really limiting and many other lesser systems can do this.  It's technically very possible.  Please prioritize this.  Thank you!

My example: I have a custom date field on Deals for Trial Start Date. I'd like to set up a Workflow with a trigger for 2 days after the Trial Start Date (whatever that date is, not a specific calendar date) to trigger a series of actions.