HubSpot Ideas

NatHiggins

Allow the use of Contact Properties for Custom Surveys

Right now, the only Contact Property that you can use in a Custom Survey is Email Address, but we want to capture/re-confirm other data, like First & Last Name, Company, etc. To do this, we have to create separate Feedback Properties, which feels sort of redundant.

9 Replies
EricaD
Participant

Completely agree. We would like to add contact first/last name also. 

1stClaas
Contributor

This should be fairly easy and we are surprised to see this not initially implemented with custom surveys. For instance we also save customer characteristics via properties, and asking the customer himself during a survey helps us completing his file.

Edsby

Upvoting.

Use case info for our particular application: there's great value in being able to administer feedback surveys to contacts already in HubSpot. But as a SaaS software company ourselves with millions of end users (and end users are NOT our customers), we seek to check the sentiment of our users via annual NPS surveys, but we don't have those millions of users in HubSpot. We'd like to be able to share a feedback survey's sharable link to our users and invite them to share their feedback. If they're not already known to us in HubSpot, we'd like them to be able to enter contact properties, incl. selecting values from some custom contact properties already extant in HubSpot that are important to us. And THEN fill in an NPS survey. All from the single form.

We tried a workaround of having a HubSpot landing page first capture or validate the user's info. And then have the form redirect on submission to the custom feedback survey with sharable link that prompts for email address and adminsters the NPS survey. But unfortunately, the email field wasn't automatically populated. So the user experience was: 1) I'm going to rate this sofware system by clicking this link... but first I have to fill in this form, incl. my email address, then 2) I have to re-enter my email address AGAIN on this second screen before I can fill out the NPS question? That's undesirable.

Our previous CRM allowed us to administer NPS-type surveys in this fashion. Its "web-to-lead" tech was sufficiently advanced that known contacts receiving the feedback URL were presented with their contact info pre-filled in the form's fields, even with last year's NPS score and accompanying text pre-populated. Users unknown to the CRM received a blank form and could simply populate the form and save their responses, all on a single screen.

LMoussi

Upvote!!! Is this implemented yet? Can anyone tell us when it will? 

fansuen

Upvote! The personlized survey is needed!

ha4

Hi, Could you please let me know how to use the Contact Property (email address) in a Custom Survey?

LMidgley

Contact properties absolutely need to be an option to add to surveys to recapture/update information. I can't believe this is not already available!

JKenler-SG
Participant

100% agree. I would love to validate and fill null values on a survey v. having to create a duplicate feedback property to cross reference.

LKu

Upvoted!!! Crazy this isn't already a function. The same issue exists going the other way. I thought I could get around this issue by creating a form instead. But you can't add Feedback properties to a form. So it seems there's no existing way to gather feedback, as well as collect/update info against contacts.