HubSpot Ideas

RiccardoPisani

Allow same content to be connected to multiple Campaigns

hi there HubSpotters Robot Happy

If you connect a piece of content to a HubSpot campaign :

- it will be unplugged form other campaigns

- it will bring with him all the old stats and connect them to the campaign you just created

Would be great to have the possibility to:

- connect a piece of content to multiple campaigns

- have the possibility to reset stats for that piece of content once plugged to a new campaign 

The problem is that now I need to clone landing pages and other pieces of content if I want to measure results for a specific set of items associated with a campaign. 

Cheers,

Riccardo 

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
January 16, 2023 03:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We, the Campaigns product team at HubSpot, are working on general updates to make your Campaign creation faster. 

Whilst there is no option to 'associate the same asset type with more than 1 campaign' (with the exception being individual workflows), we offer great cloning options: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/campaigns/manage-campaigns#clone-a-campaign 

If that feature does not help solve this request, please let us know.

We are working on a variety of new features that will make your campaign creation and management faster over time. 

Best regards,

Jenny Mueller 

August 25, 2022 03:40 AM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I am the Product Manager of Campaigns, working in Shay's team. I will continue the conversation with you from here. 
We are currently working on many different features that will enable you to better organise and report on your Campaigns created in HubSpot. 
For this feature request specifically (associating multiple assets to a campaign), I would love to talk to you via Zoom to understand all relevant use cases (beyond those already mentioned within the replies), the benefits, expectations and more. 
If you are interested to discuss this feature request in more detail, please let me know within the replies and I will reach out to you with a separate link to my calendar for a 30 minutes conversation on Zoom. 

Thanks for your feedback!
I am looking forward to speaking with you soon. 

Best, 
Jenny Mueller 

Being Reviewed
May 25, 2020 01:47 PM

Hi everyone! Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here, it's really helpful for me and my team. I posted an update over on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-external-pages-to-be-associated-with-a-Campaign/idi-p/34693 but the shortened version is that we're focused on a substantial upgrade to the campaigns infrastructure to make it possible for us to expand the functionality of the app well beyond what we have today. This will get us to a stage where introducing functionality like the ability to associate an asset to more than one campaign is far more achievable than it unfortunately is today. 

I had a couple follow up questions specifically related to associating an asset with multiple campaigns that I was hoping you might be able to clear up for me. Specifically I'm trying to understand if you'd need more than 1 campaign to record data for the same timeframe for an asset. I.e. if we had the ability to define windows of time that a blog post was associated with Campaign A (Jan to March) and a window of time that the same blog post was associated with Campaign B (April to June), would that accomplish the goal you have in mind? Or would you need to be able to have overlapping windows of time where the blog post is reporting the same data in Campaign A and Campaign B? 

There's a couple different paths that we could go down depending on what the end goal is so any additional feedback you can provide is super helpful.

For bonus points I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little extra time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020. Thank you!

48 Replies
rickilawal

it'd be great to be able to add social media posts to more than one campaign at a time - as our social media posts often fall into more than one campaign

Thanks!

debra-jmxbrands
Participant

I would love to be able to assign more than one campaign to an email.

Aurelie_Auve

Would be great to be able to add an email in multiple campaigns reporting.

talktotrey
Contributor

Great idea! 

Why doesn't HubSpot automatically make copies of the needed Content and Version-Name it  appropriately when a user needs it for a new Campaign?  

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

Hi there, 

Glad that you liked the idea 🙂

I mean, I really don't need to double the content items I already have! I just would like to reset the stats for each piece of content plugged to a new campaign! 

Cheers,

Riccardo 

rickilawal

+1

talktotrey
Contributor

+1 good idea.  Seems like an oversite and users HS resources unwisely. 

nikkileefisher
Participant

100% agree. This would be incredibly useful to my team. Cat Very Happy

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

I thought HubSpot was about to implement this idea! They wrote to me some months ago saying that.

I hope they will implement it/improve the campaign tool!

Riccardo 

AndreaWeir

Yes. This is a much needed feature. Some of my campaigns are pain point or use case based; some are channel based. It makes no sense that an asset can only be associated to one campaign! 

kdtarr
Participant

This would be extremely helpful for my team.  Has anyone heard any updates from HS on if this is going to be implemented?  Thanks!

AprilArpon

Really hoping HubSpot would look into this idea! 

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here, it's really helpful for me and my team. I posted an update over on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-external-pages-to-be-associated-with-a-Campaign... but the shortened version is that we're focused on a substantial upgrade to the campaigns infrastructure to make it possible for us to expand the functionality of the app well beyond what we have today. This will get us to a stage where introducing functionality like the ability to associate an asset to more than one campaign is far more achievable than it unfortunately is today. 

I had a couple follow up questions specifically related to associating an asset with multiple campaigns that I was hoping you might be able to clear up for me. Specifically I'm trying to understand if you'd need more than 1 campaign to record data for the same timeframe for an asset. I.e. if we had the ability to define windows of time that a blog post was associated with Campaign A (Jan to March) and a window of time that the same blog post was associated with Campaign B (April to June), would that accomplish the goal you have in mind? Or would you need to be able to have overlapping windows of time where the blog post is reporting the same data in Campaign A and Campaign B? 

There's a couple different paths that we could go down depending on what the end goal is so any additional feedback you can provide is super helpful.

For bonus points I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little extra time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020. Thank you!

kdtarr
Participant

Hi Shay - this is great news - both specifically on tagging assets to multiple campaigns and the overall work HS is doing on Campaigns.   Below is our use cases for the questions at hand, plus some other Campaign enhancement ideas.  I'll be sure to take the survey also.

Tagging Asset to Multiple Campaigns:

Yes – being able to tag an asset to multiple campaigns will be helpful for us.  We can see three use cases for this 1) creation of parent:children campaigns (here you’d want to attribute 100% of results to both performance results), 2) an asset that overlaps multiple campaigns at once, mostly related website or landing pages we’d expect to see performance uptick on (here we’d want to attribute some % of the results from overlapping days) and 3) in order to see the holistically campaign performance historically – i.e. end of year reporting across all campaigns; if we have to remove an asset to associate to a different campaign, then pulling performance at future date would not represent everything.

Other Campaign Enhancement Ideas:

• Be able to associate dates the campaign was live – our campaigns are typically a finite period of time so being able to have this within the campaign would help ensure performance is relevant to that period of time and ideally allow for a calendar or gannt view of all active campaigns. 
  • A way to flag or associate parent/child campaigns, outside of naming convention.  This would help with grouping in Campaign Analytics relationship outside of naming convention and also could be the flag to know it’s about rolling up campaign performance from all child campaigns into the parent.
    • Would not duplicate assets with
  • It would be great to have the goal or CTA of the campaign listed, and ultimately included in performance.  Sometimes the goal is a LP with a form – this is an easy point to monitor.  But othertimes our goal could be to a webpage that has the standard weblead form on it.
  • Mentioned in use case above, but being able to add webpages that are related to the campaign would be helpful to determine if the average performance of the page increased over dates the campaign was live.  This could also help with a web analytics view on what pages had the most campaigns driving to them and if the performance increased or decreased during those periods of time.
  • A better alignment to SFDC Campaigns.  Being able to sync influenced contacts and their engagement thresholds more easily would be super helpful.
  • Creation of a “Hyper Influenced” contact metric.  This would be someone who has engaged with X (2+ – TBD per campaign) assets within the campaign.  If set to 3+, this would be someone who opened at least two emails and went to the landing page OR someone who clicked on one email, went to LP and then filled out the form.
  • Ability to have performance fields that locked/snapshotted at the end of the campaign period.  Good example would be HubSpot Score – this metric is constantly changing so it would be great to snapshot what the contact’s HubSpot Score at the start of the campaign and then at the end.  Aggregating this up, would show an average HubSpot Score Influence.   Analyzing the avg influence across all campaigns in Campaign Analytics would be great to evaluate on what ways we can replicate the larger nurturing.
AllisonWolcott
Participant

@Shay The need for this just came up for me. What's the status of the availability of this feature, please?

Use case: We currently use campaigns associated with BUs so that each BU can see how their campaigns perform. Now we want to categorize those campaigns (examples: What We Do, Who We Are, Take Action) so we can track what kinds of posts our audience engages with, not just which BU owns the post. We'd like to be able to do both at the same time: associate a post with a BU campaign (CVP 3D downloads) and associate the post with a strategic campaign (What We Do).

Tinde
Participant

I'd love to have many levels of campaign. Let's say I have a product A and multiple events, webinars etc. linked to that. I'd love to see the overall results of the campaigns around product A, but also the impact of each event. Third level would also be nice to have, let's say that the product A belongs to product line Y and I would need to see how many contacts we have been able to influece with that prroduct line.

This could be solved if different elements would be possible to link to multiple campaigns.

DaveGoff2
Contributor

Has there been an any updates on this concept?
I think kdtarr laid out some really good use cases last June. (above in thread)

stephsurns
Participant

I'm also curious if this has been solved or is on the roadmap. The link that @Shay provided for tracking this solution does not seem to include this request. We are considering Hubspot for our solution but this may be a dealbreaker for us unless there is another way to pull a report and link assets to multiple campaigns or categories.  

ESolari

We are also a current client that needs this functionality. Another alternative would be to allow us to create tracking links for seperate campaigns on the fly within the email editor. Currently we have to leave the email editor, create tracking links for the other campaign. Then we have to keep track of all the UTM properties areselves to ensure we are grouping things in a reasonable way. A lot of work to track how an email effects multiple campaigns.

Any update on the status of this feature request would be greatly appreciated so we understand what effort we should put into creating this functionality ourselves.

CSzoke

We really need to be able to tag assets to multiple campaigns as well. I am struggling with functional reports because we don't have this.