HubSpot Ideas

mktgqueen

Allow rounding of Amount in Deals

Our team would love to have an auto-rounding function for the Amount in the deal tab. We deal is some pretty large numbers for our deals (typically anywhere from $50k to over $1 million). 

If you could allow users (or admins) to set the auto-rounding function that owuld be even better. I at least want to round to the nearest dollar, but it would be even better for us if I had the option to round to the nearest $100 or $1000.

This would make reporting SO much easier to read. We get into some pretty long numbers when reporting aggregated information and on a report that shows 12 data points (monthly for a year), the long numbers run together.

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
April 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Changing the status back, as the original ask was for reporting. 

April 17, 2023 12:43 PM

Hi @mktgqueen, my apologies--I missed the part about wanting this for reporting! 

The feature I mentioned only affects the board view. I'll mark this back to "Idea submitted" so it stays open for Reporting. Thanks for clarifying! 

Delivered
April 17, 2023 11:56 AM

👋 Hello Community members,

We've recently decluttered the board view, simplifying how amounts appear. All users will now see currency amounts on the board auto-formatted as follows:

• Rounded up to the nearest whole number
  • Amounts over 1 million will be abbreviated (e.g. 1.2M)
  • Amounts under 1 million will appear in full, up to the nearest whole number (e.g. 999,999)

For more information, please see this Knowledge Base article

As always, thank you for your feedback!

Jeannie

47 Replies
FLeblanc3

We need it! 🙂

MGruber3

Yes, this would be a really great feature!

The Management doesn`t want to see these details

KOrosz
Participant

Really needed! Come on, it's a pretty simple development...

jifchen

When is this going to happen...

MrBean
Top Contributor

This would be very helpful. 

MrBean
Top Contributor

When looking at pipeline totals, the decimals are really useless (Especially if those numbers are 7+ figures). 

Moreover, when looking at totals and averages, decimals make comparison tough. This (And other formatting would be very useful while we initially use Hubspot reporting)

tmitch_sona
Participant

Adding my voice to this request please!

KRobinson

This is definitely needed. Especially when building reports. It often means we need to pull our own data instead of just using the Hubspot dashboard.

JBeadling

This would make reporting so much cleaner. I'd also like to see the rounding available for the comparison percentages on reports. It would be a great option for anything in reporting that includes decimal places.

BramvdBemt
Member | Elite Partner

A possible workaround could be to format the number in order to round the number, and if the number is rounded multiply it again with the number you are interested in (e.g. thousand). So e.g. if you would like to round the amount to the nearest thousands you could do the following:

- Create a workflow that is triggered when the deal amount is known.

- Then format the deal amount as shown in the screenshot. 

So in the example below. The deal amount is 1234 which will be formatted to 1000

Hopefully this solves it for some of you. You do need at least operations hub professional to do this.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 14.35.52.png

MWogan
HubSpot Employee

Definitely needed in the system!

RHimsl
Participant

Executive team was stunned when I told them I could not hide cents on our reporting dashboard. Hoping this gets added soon..

MShaked

Why is this taking so much time to implement?

It seems obvious that sales reports don't need to show cents

Please make this happen thank you  🙂

rmrepko

Our sales reports with numbers like 1,156,596.89 look rather strange. 

MrBean
Top Contributor
This feature in reports has been added in beta!

Now would be nice to add rounding to properties-- we have long decimals
like 1.8999 we would like to display as 1.89 (And when you set rules the
box appears red and there's an error).

Rolling out this feature would eliminate the need for workflows used to
reformat calculation properties.
msinon_digi

Also voting. Our management team has specifically requested removing the decimals from our reports and my only option is to recreate these reports in Excel now.

DanLoughney

This stops me being able to use Hubspot dashboards for our reporting pack-  i take the data to excel and then /1,000 or /1,000,000

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Hello Community members,

We've recently decluttered the board view, simplifying how amounts appear. All users will now see currency amounts on the board auto-formatted as follows:

• Rounded up to the nearest whole number
  • Amounts over 1 million will be abbreviated (e.g. 1.2M)
  • Amounts under 1 million will appear in full, up to the nearest whole number (e.g. 999,999)

For more information, please see this Knowledge Base article

As always, thank you for your feedback!

Jeannie

mktgqueen
Contributor

Jeannie, this is great! Thanks for the update.

When will this be reflected in reporting?

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @mktgqueen, my apologies--I missed the part about wanting this for reporting! 

The feature I mentioned only affects the board view. I'll mark this back to "Idea submitted" so it stays open for Reporting. Thanks for clarifying!