HubSpot Ideas

ColinC

Allow reports to appear on more than one dashboard

Is there a good reason why reports can only appear on one dashboard?

We'd love to see the ability to share a report across multiple dashboards so that we can create and manage a single report that many users can use on their own dashboards; at the moment we just keep adding more and more reports ... 

33 Replies
jackyb
Participant | Gold Partner

Why can't I use the same custom report I created for my Teams and use it on their individual dashboards without having to clone each time the report. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @jackyb 

The reason for this is because each dashboard has individual filters and if one report was hosted on two dashboards, the filters from both dashboards could show inaccurate results.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

smk

Is this possible without cloning?  Hard to believe it's not...  Thanks.

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @smk 

I was able to confirm that with custom reports, we would need to clone the report then add the clone to add to a different dashboard. For default reports, you do not need to clone to add to multiple. 

The reason for this is because each dashboard has individual filters and if one report was hosted on two dashboards, the filters from both dashboards could show inaccurate results.

Thanks

Sharon

chreaj

Would like to be able to have a report show in multiple dashboards.

Psingh

Yes! Please - adding more reports for each dashboard is the worst user experience in reporting - no one wants to reinvent the wheel . Salesforce figured this out in 2014

Secondly, if someone accidentally applies it to their dashboard then I'll loose it from my dashboard 

also, when report it added to the new dashboard the repor creator name changes and the creation date which I think is a bug just like the time on this screen says "your content will be auto saved till x time in EST" I am in pst it should show in my device time otherwise it will continue to confuse community users 

heatherford

Yes! This would be a very useful feature so we can have internal team reports and also be able to view those on different dashboards for the board of director reporting.

smk

Thanks!

Saper
Contributor

Another simple yet non-existent feature by HubSpot. This is much needed. Obviosly the same report can be relevant in multiple dashboards to tell data stories from different angles for different purposes/stakeholders and it just unncessearily clutters the report list to clone the same report for each and every dashboard.

amccarthy5892
Participant

This honestly seems like a basic function that most Hubspot users would greatly appreciate and honestly need even if they don't know it yet!

Pleaseeeee make this happen soon!

WorkflowNinja
Participant

I agree, this would be very helpful in organizing reports. Having to clone custom reports that need to exist on several dashboards is quite cumbersome. 

WorkflowNinja
Participant

I agree, this would be very helpful in organizing reports. Having to clone custom reports that need to exist on several dashboards is quite cumbersome. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback @WorkflowNinja 

You can also add this idea to our Ideas forumour Product team is always monitoring this space to create new functionalities in our tool based on popularity. You can find more information about how the Ideas forum works here

Thank you

Sharon

nc_3manfactory
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is so needed. We have a client account with around 50 near identical dashboards in where it is now a nightmare if we need to update the reports they share. Well because they don't actually share them. 😭

VGriesdoorn

Upvoting this because I contacted Hubspot support with exactly this feature request.

LBristow

I agree - not having this super basic functionality is very frustrating. Having to clone reports just so they appear in multiple dashboards is a ridiculous waste of custom report capacity. 

JCleck

I can't have the same Report in two different Dashboards...what kind of sense does this make? That is reporting 101. I have customized Sales and Marketing Dashboards that look at overlapping data, but I can't see that data because the system won't let me have the same Report showing. HubSpot, please fix this immediately!

KadyJWhite
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We just came across this issue so I came here to see if anyone else had experienced this or gotten an answer as to why we can't put a report module on multiple dashboards. 

I see the filter answer above but I still feel like being able to have this functionality would be way more beneficial, the workaround is of course to clone the report but that isn't ideal. 

SMiller4

I'm shocked this isn't available.  The fact that I have to clone a report for each rep to have the report on their dashboard is insane.  I wonder how larger companies with hundreds of reps manage reports, clone the report hundreds of times?  Seriously a huge oversight by Hubspot.

WorkflowNinja
Participant

@SMiller4  We create a dashboard with about 10-20 reports... but filtered the dashboard to only show the current users info. That way all of our reps can use it but they only see their own data. 

But yes, I agree... there are many situations where it is tedious to copy reports onto multiple dashboards. I run into this alot with reports that need to be on several leadership dashboards.