HubSpot Ideas

AlyssaMarie

Allow "Original Source Drill Down 2" on deals to export as the list name, not the internal code

Currently, when you export a csv of deals to excel, the original source drill down 2 property exports as a string of roman characters,  which represents an internal code for the list that the main contact who is associated with that deal was from. 

For example, If I load a list of 100 leads to a list called: "My favorite conference A"

And 5 deals are created, the original source drill down 2 property of those deals will show "My favorite conference A" when viewed in the hubspot lists function, but will show "asdlkfwerj324-123123n" when exported in to CSV.

This is problematic because original source dta can be just as important as campaign, influence and multi-touch.  It would be ideal to export the original source and create a pivot table for the value of those 5 deals associated with that list, but that isnt possible with the internal code. 

5 Comentários
gil1001
Top colaborador(a)

Totally agree. Trying to analyze deal sources and the export require a lot more manual work. 

On top of that when you look at the contact record, if this belongs to an import and not a list that was created, the import now doesn't show up in the list of lists the contact was part of. 

vmcgee
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

I totally agree. When filtering a list of contacts by original source, I can see the drill down 2 names online within HubSpot, but not when I export. 

Shriya
Participante

I cannot believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet. Clearly the data exists....it's so frustrating not to be able to view it properly in data exports or at a quick glance on the specific contact record. Having this information would be a huge help!

GayanG
Participante

wow, this hasn't been fixed since early 2018? Clearly no one at Hubspot uses Hubspot Smiley Frustrado

jhoffmann
Membro

2022 still not fixed. Someone has already mentioned the manual work required to analyze the data offline, but I thought I'd summarize in case anyone is wondering. You'll need to know your way around Excel, but if you don't know v-lookup or index/match, you should totally learn it. This may be overkill if you have just a few different imports, but it definitely saved me a lot of time.

1. Export a list of all contacts with Original Source Drill-Down 1=IMPORT
  2. Dedupe the list by "Original Source Drill-Down 2" so you have a list of unique Import IDs and an example contact for each (if you don't know how to quickly dedupe data in excel, google it. I'm sure there's a ton of different ways to do this quickly.)
  3. Reupload the deduped list to Hubspot (I just include the email so I don't accidentally change anything) and create a list from the import (this does not change the info in "latest source" FYI)
  4. View the list and add a column for Original Source Drill-Down 2, this will show the actual Import Name when viewed in Hubspot. And make sure email is a column so you can use it to match in step 6. 
  5. Highlight and copy the info from the Hubspot view to an excel file. Now for me, I only had about 50 different imports so it was all on one page, but you could have to copy and paste from multiple pages.
  6. Clean up your copied/pasted list and use v-lookup or index-match to match the Import Name to the email address in your original deduped file. This marries up Import Name and Import ID which you can then use to update your full list of imported contacts.
  7. So you don't have to do this every time, I would create a property to dump the import name into and remember this when importing contacts going forward.

Hope this helps and if anyone has found a better way, please share. Also #teamIndexMatch. Learn index/match if you are going to learn one or the other. NOT v-lookup. 😁