HubSpot Ideas

FranzSauerstein

Allow multiple HubSpot owners to be assigned to Contacts, Companies and Deals

I am carrying this idea just over from the old HubSpot ideas plattform:

1. Here (with a great suggestion on implemenation)
  2. And here

"Many (if not all) of our clients need the ability to attribute multiple owners to Contacts, Companies and Deals in the CRM."

"In our case we have multiple people working on the same deal. Currently all I can do is filter the deals by the hubspot owner but I would love to be able to track the ROI of individual salesmen but I get incomplete data right now because they might have worked on part of a quote that was assign to someone else because we cant add multiple users."

The problem shows up when you set users so that they can only see their assigned contacts and unassigned contacts.

The current workarounds (not setting a user or just not working in a team) are... less than satisfactory. It would be great to hear when this change comes.

89件のコメント
bcook
参加者

Are there any updates on this? Moved to in planning last year, but haven't been able to find an update since then. Thank you!

ステータスに更新: In Beta
jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We understand that there are many different use cases for allowing multiple owners to be assigned to contacts, companies, deals, and tickets, and hope that this update, in conjunction with the initial feature update here (custom owner properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-create-a-custom-owner-property) will be useful.

Now in beta is custom owner permissions, which will apply the user permissions set within your Account settings to any custom owner properties, giving you more customization as to who can and cannot access or edit contacts, companies, deals, or tickets. Please fill out the form here (https://goo.gl/forms/J5W3QFWXti4p3ic22) to request access!

marshah
投稿者

Well thank you but we've had the custom owner property for a while now. This basically only allows you to create a property called Secondary Owner or whatever and then add a user's name. You can filter by the second owner but that's about it unless I'm totally missing something.

The permissions are the thing that's needed as the second owner cannot see the contact info because we can't set the permissions for him/her to do so. 

Been waiting on the permissions since I received the last letter from you guys about it a few months ago. 

jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @marshah, this update is the permissions. If a user has "view owned only" permissions and is the contact's Secondary Owner (but not Contact owner), the user will now be able to see that contact.

Steve_Vincent
メンバー

I was hoping that a Contact could have multiple owners and each owner be given either a) the permission to see just their communication with the Contact; or b) permission to see all communication with the Contact. Honestly, it doesn't seem like that would be hugely difficult to do.

MarketingUser
メンバー

We are part of the beta for this - it still doesn't work. The person from HubSpot that initially reached out to us about it won't reply back to assist. Have been contacting these HubSpot support reps for the last month and still no one will get back to us.

jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @MarketingUser, I'm going to shoot you an email to look into what you're seeing on your end!

AaronM
参加者

Not only are mulitple Deal Owners critical for any organization working as teams, but it is also a critical feature to be able to share Deal information with partner companies. 

HubSpot security only allows the Admin to set up Users by View All, Team Only, or HubSpot Owner only.  If and when we want to invite a partner to view HubSpot Deals, we have to unassign the current owner and reassign to the partner.  

marshah
投稿者

AaronM,

You can now create a contact and company property called "Secondary Owner" or "Additional Owner" etc and add in the partner you want as the secondary owner. This secondary owner will now have the same permissions as the main owner and will be able to see the contacts, associated companies and any deals for same.

JimHarris
投稿者

@marshah

All that is true but it breaks down when you want to have a contact filter view of "My Contacts". You cannot setup a view that would allow you to see all your owned contacts AND all the contacts you are a secondary owner of as well. HubSpot would need to add some sort of And / Or logic to the contact, company, deal, and ticket views for the Custom Owner properties to be a complete solution to this issue.

AaronM
参加者

marshah,

I don't see a "Secondary Owner" or "Additional Owner" property.

I can create a custom property but this won't allow us to use view permissions by those customer properties?

marshah
投稿者

Aaron,

You have to create a new Property called Secondary Owner in Contacts and/or Companies using the Field type, Hubspot User when you create the new property.  Then you can designate a secondary owner for each contact and/or company individually or in groups of contacts or companies.

Hubspot told me yesterday that this secondary owner property retains the permissions of the main owner automatically.  I should have tested it already today but haven't had a chance. 

jviehman
参加者

My company totally needs this! We have many customers who are both classified customers and standard customers. Our classified department has an entirely different sales staff than our standard sales staff. Thus, I am hoping to find a way where i can have multiple 'contact owners' (=sales reps) associated with one individual customer.

I vote yes on getting this set up as soon as possible!

ステータスに更新: Delivered
jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Permission sets will now be applied to all custom "Hubspot user" type properties in all portals!

Steve_Vincent
メンバー

Hi jsg121, that sounds great, but could you explain exactly what you mean? Thanks

-Steve

Steve_Vincent
メンバー

Sorry, I guess that was pretty self-explanitory. I assume you mean the permission levels set per User will now be reflected in any Custom Property that contains HubSpot User data.

jsg121
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @Steve_Vincent, that's correct! One clarification - the property needs to have the Type "HubSpot User". It can't be a Dropdown select type that contains HubSpot user information. More information can be found in this product update:

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/two-updates-to-permissions-that-give-admins-more-control

rachelatscorr
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Hi jsg121, while the update you reference is a great idea, I believe that update does not fix/answer what this thread is about. We are looking for a way to have a multiple checkbox/HubSpot user hybrid field type for custom properties. 

Steve_Vincent
メンバー

@rachelatscorr is CORRECT. The recent update is helpful and a welcome addition, but it is not really what we are looking for.

LBlore
メンバー

This would also be ideal for product-based sales teams. Multiple sales managers will 'own' that one contact record. We need a solution for this.