HubSpot Ideas

FranzSauerstein

Allow multiple HubSpot owners to be assigned to Contacts, Companies and Deals

I am carrying this idea just over from the old HubSpot ideas plattform:

1. Here (with a great suggestion on implemenation)
  2. And here

"Many (if not all) of our clients need the ability to attribute multiple owners to Contacts, Companies and Deals in the CRM."

"In our case we have multiple people working on the same deal. Currently all I can do is filter the deals by the hubspot owner but I would love to be able to track the ROI of individual salesmen but I get incomplete data right now because they might have worked on part of a quote that was assign to someone else because we cant add multiple users."

The problem shows up when you set users so that they can only see their assigned contacts and unassigned contacts.

The current workarounds (not setting a user or just not working in a team) are... less than satisfactory. It would be great to hear when this change comes.

89 Comentarios
AJernigan
Participante

Agree that adding a custom field for additional owners isn't helpful without the ability to set view/edit restrictions or reports based on that field. This is a major for my team divided by product lines.

nicknem
Participante

Definitely need this. We have customers that use multiple products and need to be assigned to multiple account managers.  Hope to see this soon!

aJamesh
Miembro

I'm as surprised as all that the system does not allow more than one contact to share the same email address. I am finding I cant even set the user up unless every one has a unique email address.  Is that correct or am I doing something wrong ?

AndyMontoya
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

This is something we really need in our company as well.  Sometimes there are multiple sales people who deserve credit for a deal but there can only be one owner.  The alternative is to create multiple deals with the deal amount split evenly between however many of salespeople. But then that screws up my reporting regarding the number of deals for a given lead source.

One extra I would add to this (also important):  If the functionality of adding multiple people to a deal is made, please make it so the deal amount is split evenly depending on number of owners to a field OR, even better, have a way to manually input the split amount per person in case it's not even.  This would help give the correct amount of credit to each person.  Thanks!

kendallguinn
Participante

Our model works similarly as AndyMontoya...The idea of being able to split a deal amongst sales members is very imporant, as well as to assign credit (or sort clients by) two sales people who work on the same account. 

MarketingUser
Miembro

Need this ASAP

JimHarris
Colaborador

I just need to bump this topic.

This is in my eyes not considered "delivered." 

I hope hubspot doesn't consider this closed. We very much need the ability to have multiple hubspot owners and this proposed solution doesn't come close to offering that without having some sort of or/and logic in the view filters on contacts and deals.

andrew_thomas
Participante

This would be very useful for our team, and might allow us to bring another group of our sales reps into HubSpot.

AJernigan
Participante

Agreed. We have a whole other set of users that we're holding off on bringing over to sales pro until we have the option to add a secondary owner (with the ability to control permissions). 

tadelmeyer
Participante

I guess someone should create a new idea for this - seems like Hubspot thought they delivered the solutions with the user field.

Actually this doesn't solve anything for a lot of users.

AJernigan
Participante

New idea for permissions for custom owner fields submitted here.

Thefunnelmaster
Participante

Case : Joe and Jaime both worked on a deal worth $10,000. When won $5,000 gets attributed to each owner.

If there are 2 sales people working on a role it would be very benefitial for reporting to be able to add them both as deal owners and have the total deal value amount split between them.

kendallguinn
Participante

@Thefunnelmaster Yes! This would be helpful for us too. To take this a little further, it would be valuable to give the percentage split. So Joe, the lead sales person gets 70% and Jaime gets 30%, the CRM splits the total "amount" accordingly.

It's also valuable when someone is looking through "my contacts" to have all clients they work on show up, even if they aren't the primary on that account. 

Every deal our sales guys work in teams. (sometimes more than 2) 

marshah
Colaborador

We first asked for this a year and a half ago and nothing yet? Is this even in the works? Does anyone have a workaround? I've never had this much frustration with a platform before.

tadelmeyer
Participante

@marshah No it's probably not in the works since the team of Hubspot declared this idea as "delivered", although their "solution" doesn't really solve something for most of us. Maybe they don't even read all these posts since it's already out of their scope 😉

Posting a new idea and calling everyone in this thread to upvote it would be a next step to be heard.

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
jsg121
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all, thanks for your patience here. We've built this out and are testing it internally prior to releasing it to all portals. You can expect custom owners to be given view/edit/communicate permission just as they would if they were the primary owner within the next few weeks.

marshah
Colaborador

This is wonderful! Please don't tease us! Emoticono muy feliz

AJernigan
Participante

Thank you @jsg121!!

austinpostler
Participante

For us, it will be helpful if a deal could have multiple owners assigned.   Our salespeople are not permanentaly paired into teams but like to colloaborate on deals.  The ability to grant multiple owners would allow for more seamless collaboration on their part.  (Teams do not work in this instance since the salespeople will mix and match their deal partners.)  If multiple owners are allowed, creating a field for each owner to designate commission split will also be helpful.  (Not every deal is split 50/50, some are broken down 60/40, 75/25, etc.)

Steve_Vincent
Miembro

We have a similar problem. As a real estate brokerage we have many contacts (think lenders, attorneys and various contractors) that are shared among our agents (users) and thus require an "Unassigned" status for HubSpot owner. That's fine in that everyone can access the contact, but ABSOLUTELY not fine that everyone can see every conversation. These conversations may contain private information.

We need to be able to assing multiple owners to a HubSpot contact and have permission rights flexible by owner. Ideally, even though the contact is "visible" to multiple users (owners), each user can only see the conversations that included them. Ultimatley, without an ability to allow multiple users to "own" each contact and then only see their conversations, the value of the tool is significanlty lessened for us.