Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Allow multi-line text property to be displayed in full

I have a conact property called "profile". It is potentially a paragraph of text. This doesn't display correctly in contact view: the space available should expand to show all. Other properties with empty contents can be much smaller and semi-hidden. I'd like this particular property to display in full, or to have the option of always displaying "full" or not.

Alternatively, I would like to have a separate "card" in the left column (like Deals, Company, Attachments) above the "About" card, containing any properties I choose and these are all displayed "full". These properties would removed from the main "About" card (I.e. we are splitting the About card into two cards, and the top one displays full multi-line text). Any of these cards can be reduced if empty or less important or aesthetically displeasing. This way I can see the key properties at a glance and click to expand the rest.

A final option is to allow the addition of properties into the top left box, again displayed "full".

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Invorio thanks for posting! Your ideas are important to HubSpot, as well as to other customers whose needs might fit this feature request. Our Product Managers regularly review top voted ideas, and will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

In order to get as much information / context to our product team as possible, but also to help others understand what they are voting for could you provide some further detail on your idea? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the property not displaying correctly in the contacts view - I've just tested this out, and adding a paragraph of text to a multi-line of text contact property which appears in the About section will display the first few lines of that paragraph, which can then be expanded, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 5.17.56 PM.png

Were you hoping that this section would expand automatically, no matter the amount of text? I'm not sure that that would be feasible, simply for aesthetic purposes - automatically displaying a large block of text in the "About" section could be somewhat detrimental to the user experience, so the choice to display more text makes sense in this case. 

If you were referring to something else, please let me know, and provide screenshots if possible! As much detail as possible would be helpful in crafting this idea, as our product team always appreciates more information in these cases.

May

Invorio
Regular Contributor

Hi May, thanks for this.

Yes, I mean that the text should display in full, or I have the option of always displaying "full" or not. 

Alternatively have a separate "card" in the left column (like Deals, Company, Attachments) above the "About" card, containing any properties I choose and these are all displayed "full". These properties are removed from the main "About" card (I.e. we are splitting the About card into two cards, and the top one displays full multi-line text). Any of these cards can be reduced if empty or less important or aesthetically displeasing. This way I can see the key properties at a glance and click to expand the rest.

A final option is to allow the addition of properties into the top left box, again displayed "full".

Presumably, many people won't use these options, so for them nothing changes.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks very much for the additional context @Invorio, I've edited your original idea to add this information!