HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Allow meetings links to redirect to teammates' when OOO

Hi team,

Currently, when someone with an active Meetings link goes on vacation, the process of ensuring that no leads slip through the cracks is cumbersome. Meetings users can adjust their calendar availability, but in today's world, it's crucial to catch leads for demos and consults as soon as they're ready for them. If the only meetings available are for a couple of weeks out, companies can lose those leads.

If your Meetings link is embedded on landing pages, in workflow emails, email signatures, etc., it can be an incredibly manual process to update all of those links with a colleague's Meetings link and then revert them when you return from being OOO. It's also fairly manually to disconnect your own calendar from your meetings link and connect a colleague's calendar.

Instead, we should institute a feature that allows users to redirect traffic going to a certain Meetings link to another colleague's for a few days to a couple of weeks.

Note: This would be for teams that aren't normally using a round robin-style meetings link.

27 Replies
Traxion-CW
Contributor

Yes, we had a similar situation where we need to redirect meeting URLs because our name changed. 

Now I no longer want to use the old links, but there is no way to redirect the links people still have to new URLs.

jweaver

We'd love to have a feature like this for when someone leaves our organization! 

keithemery
Participant

We could also use this feature in instances where a user would like to remove one of their Meetings links which they no longer use.

GinaSmerecki

I agree. When one salesperson leaves, we need to be able to redirect their meeting link to someone who is still here!

kdemars
Participant

Echoing what others have said - we have a sales team member leaving and our current meeting link was set up a while ago and is associated to her. We are in the process of changing everything over but if there are links out there we miss (or ones people have in email) we can't fix those. Would be really nice to be able to redirect these. 

tkuhle19

I'd like to see the If contact is owned, only show owner's calendar setting on round robin meeting link have an additional option as If contact is owned, show owner's calendar first.

We'd like to show the owner's calendar first and if they are not available, show the availability of other team members. This way we don't turn the client away from meeting with us if their contact is busy.

allegrini
Participant

Echoing other replies here.

In the event of a person moving from the company, it would make sense to redirect the meeting requests to another user in Hubspot. The person requesting the meeting wants to meet with the company and not with the person, so making the link static and not able to be forwarded is a drawback to any sales organization where things are always fluid.

This should be implemented sooner rather than later.

Thanks

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

lprevost-TG

Hey guys,

Any estimate on when this will be reviewed? We also have a number of links with a former sales rep which are already out there and we need a way to redirect incoming traffic to a sales rep currently active in the company.

Thanks,

kdeleon
Participant

Agreed. Even for those that are Round Robin. When a team member leaves the company, I need to be able to redirect their links to members who are still here.

LB

Has this been updated yet or a wok around? We have a huge issue with lots of campaigns too a meeting link and need to redirrect to another calendar

ErinVL

Our use case for this is that when someone has left the company, and we deactivate their meeting link, we need to be able to redirect them to a different page.

I would also be happy with a meeting 404 page that we had more control over. I just went through all this rigamarole to get the meeting link deleted. Because I had to transfer ownership of the meeting to myself in order to delete it, the 404 page tells people to reach out to MY email address to schedule a meeting. 😞

rebekkablok

This feature is much needed. Our use case is already mentioned before: when a team member leaves the company, we need to be able to redirect their links to members who are still here. The possibility to edit the meeting 404 page and add a (fallback) meeting link would already help.

pina
Contributor

This is an important feature and something that is needed for our team. 

JvanderHarst

Agreed, we need this feature ASAP! 

Kennan_wmk
Contributor | Partner

Commenting because this is still a much-needed feature and there has not been an update from HS for almost 2 years.

Our digital sales person left over 6 months ago and making sure the link is updated in every single spot it has been used in the past is still causing problems for us, which means LOSING LEADS. We are B2B so we don't get thousands of leads, making every single lead precious. While we are trying very hard to cover all of our bases and make sure any old meeting links get updated, it's almost impossible to keep track of every single email, landing page, etc where the meeting links were used and update every single one of them when they need to be updated.

Hubspot, this is an incredibly important feature that requires nothing more than a simple redirect feature on your end. Please at least update us with the status, even if the status is that it's not being worked on.

HRob2

Agreed on all the previous comments, most critically when an ex-sales person who had hundreds of sequence emails out there has a meeting link that we want to simply redirect to another active salesperson's meeting link. Please update this status as it hasn't been updated since April 2020.

Guillaume_C

@glencornell - Any update on this precious request?   Our usecase is slightly different, but the exact same and simple solution applies. 

YdeAranda

I was wondering if we could apply a 201 or 302 redirect for use cases where the salesperson is no longer in this role?

ref https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/create-and-manage-url-redirects 

JennieHuettel

Agreed. This is super important and we need some sort of solution for this. Thank you!