HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow forms to be associated with a Campaign

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 116 votes.

Right now, only forms on landing pages can be assigned to a HubSpot campaign. However, we have forms embedded on our website's pages that are campaign-specific and not HS landing pages.

Therefore, leads generated by a non-landing page form will not count towards the total number generated within a campaign.

Can you allow forms without landing pages to be associated with campaigns?

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
April 06, 2022 01:26 AM

Hi everyone, 

March 22, 2022 06:18 AM

Hi @mark-franken! Happy to provide some context here. In this case it is not a gap in the Campaign<>Form association, but instead related to how the "New Contacts (First/Last Touch)" report works. There is information on how this number is caculated at this link but the quick overview is that this report is specifically associated to website traffic, not engagement on other marketing assets. It is reported when a contact first visits a web pages where: 

• the first page they visit has a URL containing utm_campaign parameters matching the HubSpot Campaign; or
  • the first page they visit is associated with the campaign;

Since external (non-HS) website pages cannot yet be associated with a HubSpot Campaign, the only time where traffic via an external page will count is if there is a matching utm_capaign query parameter during the visit.

An appropriate follow-up question is why does the New Contacts report only measure contacts via website traffic, this is a great question and one we're working on this year. Our goal is to make this report accurately reflect what we've found most customers have asked for which is a report describing "The number of new contacts generated as a result of engagement on assets in this campaign" (i.e. new contacts via any channel, not just website traffic). I don't have timelines on that work right now, we're working on broader reprorting upgrade to campaigns at the moment to make campaigns analytics data accessible in tools like Lists / Workflows / Lead Scoring / Custom Reports, and once that work is done we should have a better handle on next steps for upgrades to the "New Contacts (First/Last Touch)" report too.

Hope this helps!

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
March 02, 2022 04:14 AM

Hi everyone. First off thank you for your patience here, I know I've been a little sparce on the replies here, we've been inching closer and closer on this feature and I was trying to ensure I had some good news to share when I provided the next post here, and I'm glad to say that is now the case. 

We have officially opened up a beta for Form association with Marketing Campaigns today. This feautre is complete and we don't expect any issues, but we're going through the formal beta process to manage the rapid growth in usage we're expecting. 

Getting to the important part, if you'd like to get access right away, you can submit your portal ID in this form and you'll get access within one business day: https://forms.gle/FSNaJXJsFFGNmN3N6

If you'd like a visual walkthrough of the feature and an overview of how it works, you can check out this demo video: https://www.loom.com/share/d889ff0ee59c47e6977b8df303ca9bdc

Sincerely thank you for sticking with us here, this feature required an almost complete rebuild of the entire Campaigns system and the team has been actively working on this feature for over a year and a half. The work that went into this feature has also paved the way for us to dramatically expand campaigns even further, we're already getting started on integrating in external website pages and the Marketing Events feature too.

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
May 22, 2020 11:36 AM

Hi everyone, some news to share with you all here. Similar to my update just now on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-external-pages-to-be-associated-with-a-Campaign/idi-p/34693 the good news here is that we're focused on a substantial upgrade to the campaigns infrastructure to make it possible for us to associate forms, and lead flow (pop up forms), any all other HubSpot assets with Campaigns. This work requires an almost total rearchitecture of the campaigns app, meaning I don't have a tangible timeline to share with you right now but I can confirm that this is our primary focus and is scheduled to be complete this year.

Appreciate all your feedback and upvotes here, looking forward to bringing this to reality for you all. 

Additionally, I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

83 Kommentare
OllyHuntsman
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely essential 

Could this be done by assigning a custom tracking URL

Corinda
Mitglied

Agreed, this is quite an oversight by hubspot.

JuliaB
Mitglied

Yes! I was surprised that this is not possible... Have worked with a number of MAPs and very surprised that Hubspot does not offer this.

StephenDaniels
Teilnehmer/-in

Lead flows to have campaign tags... another upvote from me...

Nboot
Teilnehmer/-in

Greatly Needed...While using HS landing pages is the preferred method, it seems allowing specific forms to be added to campaigns would be simple and a no-brainer.

I strongly vote YES! to get this done ASAP.

AlexOrmond
Mitglied

love and need this idea.

mark-franken
Teilnehmer/-in

Definitely needed. This is another example of a basic functionality that is sorely missing -- like being able to upoad contacts and associate to a campaign. A first touch campaign conversion report should show all ways that people enter into HubSpot. This should include embedded forms and also Lead Flows. 

I'm feeling like HubSpot is slowly existing product improvements for expanding its footprint into other areas like CRM and Service.

BBJ
Mitglied

I strongly agree.  We use lead flows to promote our campaigns and have seen a HUGE success with enrollment through the lead flows, but it's soooo hard to track.  

Being able to attach them and report collectively would help justify our HubSpot costs to my board. 

MackenzieAustin
Teilnehmer/-in

We really need lead flows to be able to attach to campaigns. This seems obvious as everything else connects to a campaign within HubSpot. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this change!!!

jervin
Teilnehmer/-in

100% agreed, this makes no sense that the forms aren't available to connect to a campaign. 

rhgraves65
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Yes! Definitely need to be able to attribute specific lead flows to campaigns. Any chance this will be done soon?

dpalauzov
Mitglied

Hi Guys,

We are stugling with that thing to associate contacts to campaigns. It is crucial to have option to assign forms on campaigns. Not all forms are on hubspot landing pages...

The discussion was opened year and a half ago, can someone say is there any progress on it at all?

Thanks,

Dimitar

afete
Mitglied

This is an obvious miss. Need to be able to track leads coming through flows as part of our campaigns

Harsh
Mitglied

I agree and upvote to this feature. 

Capitel
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Agree that this is an oversight and should be added. A colleague just suggested adding automated reply emails to those forms and assigning those emails (or their corresponding workflows) to that campaign. Not sure what kind of measurement you'd get.

hceloria
Mitglied

Just to throw my name in here, I would really like to be able to use a form in campaigns. I manage real estate listings, which are shown in search results pages on Wordpress (not published within the Hubspot CMS as landing page). The Hubspot code is on the Wordpress search results pages, and I can scrape any forms there, or use Hubspot forms, but not tie them into the campaign to track activity for the property campaign.

I really hope this can be an added feature soon.

itsmenav
Mitglied

Right now, I can't create a campaign for our single most important demo request on our website, as it's a popup form. 

Harris
Teilnehmer/-in

Impossible to get a complete view of campaigns you need to get leadflow data.  

SimonJ
Mitglied

Definitely need to add this. To be able to segment contacts/companies into various campaigns at any touch point is vital. Even just to have the option when creating a form for example that lets you allocate anyone who completes it to a particular campaign, without having to of had your website built in Hubspot would be very beneficial.

Kmoloo
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

We need this.  

Most website contact pages are not created with HubSpot (if a company uses a different CMS, like Wordpress). So, the fact that we can't attach a contact form (the most often filled out form for a company) to a campaign is crazy.  Especially because we use the "last touch campaign" property for contact filters, and can't include contacts who have converted on the contact form in these filters.