HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow forms to be associated with a Campaign

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 116 votes.

Right now, only forms on landing pages can be assigned to a HubSpot campaign. However, we have forms embedded on our website's pages that are campaign-specific and not HS landing pages.

Therefore, leads generated by a non-landing page form will not count towards the total number generated within a campaign.

Can you allow forms without landing pages to be associated with campaigns?

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 06, 2022 01:26 AM

Hi everyone, 

March 22, 2022 06:18 AM

Hi @mark-franken! Happy to provide some context here. In this case it is not a gap in the Campaign<>Form association, but instead related to how the "New Contacts (First/Last Touch)" report works. There is information on how this number is caculated at this link but the quick overview is that this report is specifically associated to website traffic, not engagement on other marketing assets. It is reported when a contact first visits a web pages where: 

• the first page they visit has a URL containing utm_campaign parameters matching the HubSpot Campaign; or
  • the first page they visit is associated with the campaign;

Since external (non-HS) website pages cannot yet be associated with a HubSpot Campaign, the only time where traffic via an external page will count is if there is a matching utm_capaign query parameter during the visit.

An appropriate follow-up question is why does the New Contacts report only measure contacts via website traffic, this is a great question and one we're working on this year. Our goal is to make this report accurately reflect what we've found most customers have asked for which is a report describing "The number of new contacts generated as a result of engagement on assets in this campaign" (i.e. new contacts via any channel, not just website traffic). I don't have timelines on that work right now, we're working on broader reprorting upgrade to campaigns at the moment to make campaigns analytics data accessible in tools like Lists / Workflows / Lead Scoring / Custom Reports, and once that work is done we should have a better handle on next steps for upgrades to the "New Contacts (First/Last Touch)" report too.

Hope this helps!

In Beta
March 02, 2022 04:14 AM

Hi everyone. First off thank you for your patience here, I know I've been a little sparce on the replies here, we've been inching closer and closer on this feature and I was trying to ensure I had some good news to share when I provided the next post here, and I'm glad to say that is now the case. 

We have officially opened up a beta for Form association with Marketing Campaigns today. This feautre is complete and we don't expect any issues, but we're going through the formal beta process to manage the rapid growth in usage we're expecting. 

Getting to the important part, if you'd like to get access right away, you can submit your portal ID in this form and you'll get access within one business day: https://forms.gle/FSNaJXJsFFGNmN3N6

If you'd like a visual walkthrough of the feature and an overview of how it works, you can check out this demo video: https://www.loom.com/share/d889ff0ee59c47e6977b8df303ca9bdc

Sincerely thank you for sticking with us here, this feature required an almost complete rebuild of the entire Campaigns system and the team has been actively working on this feature for over a year and a half. The work that went into this feature has also paved the way for us to dramatically expand campaigns even further, we're already getting started on integrating in external website pages and the Marketing Events feature too.

Being Reviewed
May 22, 2020 11:36 AM

Hi everyone, some news to share with you all here. Similar to my update just now on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-external-pages-to-be-associated-with-a-Campaign/idi-p/34693 the good news here is that we're focused on a substantial upgrade to the campaigns infrastructure to make it possible for us to associate forms, and lead flow (pop up forms), any all other HubSpot assets with Campaigns. This work requires an almost total rearchitecture of the campaigns app, meaning I don't have a tangible timeline to share with you right now but I can confirm that this is our primary focus and is scheduled to be complete this year.

Appreciate all your feedback and upvotes here, looking forward to bringing this to reality for you all. 

Additionally, I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

83 Replies
Babel_Gem
Contributor | Elite Partner

I really feel that lead flows need to be included in campaigns. They are a hybrid between a CTA and a form so I see why you may classify them as a form (and therefore not include them in campaigns) but they are now a key part to our campaigns and those of our clients so definitely need to be included.

AliciaWard

Would love to be able to attach a lead flow to a campaign

Tina

Would love to be able to add another field! 

artwilsonal

Agreed, please do, most of our campaigns are based on leadflows

Aurelie_Auve

HI!

It would be great to be able to get Leadflows reports added to a campaign, so that we can have a 360° view.

MandyMc

Would be great to be able to associate lead flows with campaigns. We're using lead flows for different whitepaper downloads so would be great to see an overall performance in a campain.

Nik

Our client wants to have a form to enroll guests during trade fairs / congresses that is used mainly by their sales associates. A dropdown menu to chose the trade fair (and the corresponding campaign) would help track new contacts and use the data to chose whether specific trade fairs are worth the hassle.

I'm looking forward to your solution.

RedShark32
Participant

It would be great if we could add lead flow submissions to campaign. Our leadflow is for our newsletter sign up; we have a campaign tied to that with othe form submissions, but can't do it with the flow. Would be very helpful.

Babel_Gem
Contributor | Elite Partner

Coming back to this hoping someone will eventually pick it up - this is a real sticking point for campaigns as lead flows work really well but their effectiveness cannot be rightly reflected in campaign reporting! Now the campaign reporting has been improved this is a must!

kristen_sb
Contributor

This is a no-brainer and I'm boggled as to why this functionality has yet to be incorporated. I would bet that are thousands of customers that use embedded forms or pop-up forms, it seems like a mistake that one can associate a hubspot form but not a hubspot embedded form with a campaign. This puts a major damper on our ability to use the campaign feature.

mlmannozzi

Yes, to add to the campaign for attribution but also so the lead flows pop up on campaign-associated blog posts (so we don't have to remember to go add that URL to the lead flow each time we post a blog). Or even if we can associate a lead flow with specific categories?

wilgrace

Yep same, urgently need this

Hlynns

This would be really appreciated, so I can share form information without having to rely on incredibly creative report manuvering.

LiamBates
Participant

Lead Flows are one of the best features Hubspot has ever created, and one of our clients receives a ton of their leads through our exit intent pop-ups and slide in banners. Unfortunately, they are not tracked yet in the HubSpot campaign feature, making it not fully comprehensive of a whole campaign strategy. This would be a great addition and better represent the successes and failures of a campaign we run.

AngelicaRoze

Please allow lead flow leads to be attached to a campaign.  

Compuware
Top Contributor

Agreed. I thought I was missing something so reached out to support who confirmed that associating lead flow to campaigns are not an option at this time. 

Hopefully they will add this functionality - it would be nice to have the holistic picture of your promotional efforts with the campaign.

econefry

Lead flows are a natural way to link CTAs and mixed assets around the web for a limited time. The use of those common campaign assets (via lead flows) should be part of campaign metrics! Thanks

annegaslin
Contributor

This would be incredibly helpful and save many hours of manual reporting on this each month. 

jamesd

I agree that this is needed. I was quite surprised to find it not available.

mark-franken
Participant

I'm really stumped why such a logical feature is not supported. I cannot understand why lead flows would not have campaign attribution.