HubSpot Ideas

parisklees

Allow for users to set their own company unique identifier

It creates quite a bit of work and allows for duplication when we have to use either company domain name or object ID as a unique identifier for companies. It would be ideal if we could set our own. For example, all of our clients have account numbers. If I could set account numbers as the unique identifier it would make uploading much faster, eliminate duplication, and would align our two systems seamlessly. I am sure that more people would like to set their own identifiers.

31件のコメント
stefanocattaneo
参加者

This is very much a feature we would be interested in. Not just for company records, but for contact records also. 

For example, social handles are the unique identifier for some of our contacts, and we would like to be able to use this as the unique ID in HubSpot to allow us to integrate with our other systems, where handle is the unique ID.

jeff_from_zoe
メンバー

This would be extremely helpful for us.  We have to manually add all the company ID's to a spreadsheet when we are looking to update our company data.  Not scalable, such a pain.  Please allow for users to select their own unique identifier company property.

HubspotUser123
参加者

This would help us a lot as well. We are currently in the middle of a CRM SAP integration and as we don't have the company domain name for all accounts in there it gets really difficult.

Praia
メンバー

This would be quite helpful for us too. We already have our own Company Codes (IDs) we use for each client to track payments and projects. We don't have every client's domain or phone number.

Also, a client's domain might not exist if it's a person and not a company. And a phone number might change, but we wouldn't change our ID for the client. Not to mention that companies with multiple offices would have a different number for each location, but would still be the same company.

And, of course, it would be easier to cross-reference with our data outside of Hubspot...

StevenMErickson
参加者

Please add this feature. Using a company name or domain is not a good unique identifier. For example, my company has a customer with many divisions and we treat each division as a separate customer. While we can make the company name unique by adding the branch number, the domain name is the same. Allowing HubSpot users to set the unique identifier (I think most B2B companies use account numbers) will be quite helpful. 

DavidRydell
メンバー

Yeah, please add this feature, it will help everyone that wants to migrate to Hubspot from one or multiple CRM's.

I am trying to get data from different CRM systems previously used into Hubspot, some CRM systems did not give us an export with URL's and the people responsible for how everyone worked in these systems varies a lot. I want to be able to create unique identifiers so that I can be done with it, don't really want to update 10k companies with URL's manually

JulianTEC
参加者

This is the exact same thing I have requested!

StevenMErickson
参加者

I spoke to a representative from HubSpot regarding this. They gave me a good workaround that I wanted to share with the community. 

They suggested creating domain names with your unique identifier (customer number). So if your customer number is 465745640, you would assign that company's domain name as 465745640.com. It's not exactly what we are looking for but it's a good workaround.

JulianTEC
参加者

I tried that but the system says it is an invalid domain...

Ok, I just tried it again and now it is accepting it... weird.

Thank you! I think this could be a good workaround.

JulianTEC
参加者

Nope, that didn't work after all.  All imports were errors came up with "Invalid Company ID"Invalid Company IDInvalid Company ID

StevenMErickson
参加者

It has to be loaded under the Domain field, not company ID field. 

farnold_lac
参加者

Hello! 

Why wouldn't you use the unique identifiers in hubspot for your account numbers? Does your sales pipeline start in HubSpot? If so, it makes the most sense to do it that way. If you wanted, you could even create a custom property that copies the unique ID over to a property called Account Nunber for naming convention purposes. Then you could push that to your other systems. 

Now if the sale is started outside of hubspot, and you have a system integration, you can push an initial creation event that updates an Account Number property. So on an export you'd have Hubspot ID aligning to Account Number already. 

Kierstin
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

We are in desperate need of this as well. On our own portal as well as a couple of our clients. Quite a few of our companies do not have domains, but some do, so while rigging it is possible, it creates messy data (and I hate messy data). 🙂 

TownsendSales
メンバー

So, I came across this need today and simply decided to place the account number in front of the Company Name (1010-  Account Name ). This is a manual entry but I least I can search by company name or acount number. Just a thought.

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Being able to choose a different unique identifier would change the game on bulk importing, managing associations with companies that have multiple locations or franchises, and limit the tireless work of manually updating companies to then export their company ID

andymedia
参加者

Agreed, not all companies have domains and this is something we really need in order to bring in large numbers of company records without duplicating them. More records = more contacts = more $$ for HubSpot, so we see it as a win-win.

EGunnarsson
メンバー

Many of our clients don´t have domains or have gmail accounts. In Iceland every business uses national ID numbers for the customers. It´s a shame because we were really exited about Hubspot. 

EileenRomito
参加者

I agree with this. Our customers are often individual branch offices or franchises that use the same website domain so domain cannot be the unique identifier for them. If there is no way to change the unique identifier for the Company object, it's almost a deal breaker for us. It doesnt make sense on my end spend the time editing and manually create "dummy" URLs for each of these branch offices/companies simply to upload bad/incorrect data into Hubspot.

Edited to add: Also, what's with the assumption that all of our customers would even HAVE a domain? 

Caroline_S_Lane
参加者 | Elite Partner

This is quite essential, especially for clients on an enterprise hub. 

DFenton
参加者

This would help us immensely. Especially with companies that have multiple locations. It would be great if we could make the unique identifier the company's address. Since there is usually only one domain for one company with multiple locations!