HubSpot Ideas

llegault

Allow for pop-up forms to display the form immediately instead of after a click

Currently, there is no option to allow for the form to appear as the first thing the visitor sees on the pop-up. The visitor must first click on the pop-up and then the form appears. It seems more like a pop-up CTA not a pop-up form. One less step for the visitor would be for the form to just appear as the pop-up instead of a CTA first appearing and only when clicked will the form appear. When creating the 'pop-up form' you could have the option to have the form appear after the CTA or without a CTA. Thanks for your consideration! 

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
May 24, 2023 07:26 AM

Hi all, so happy to update this idea as "delivered"! HubSpot's new re-imagined CTAs tool including the functionality mentioned in this idea is now out to all Starer+ Marketing Hub and CMS customers. In order to check it out, go to Marketing Hub --> Lead Capture --> CTAs

You can learn more on how to create a pop-up that displayed a form immediately after a click check out this Knowldge Base article below:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ctas/create-pop-up-calls-to-action

May 02, 2023 04:02 AM

Hi all, you can now self-enrol into this beta if you're Marketing Hub or CMS Hub Starter+

November 17, 2022 03:08 AM

@SheenaGraham no worries, just replied to your DM.
If there's anyone on here interested in testing this tool out simply DM me yout Hub ID and I can add you in. (Starter + customers only, we're not opening to MH/CMSH Free yet)

ステータスに更新: In Beta
November 03, 2022 04:41 AM

Hi all, I've some exciting news to share - today we have launched Pop-up CTAs, a brand new tool in HubSpot Marketing Hub and CMS Hub into public beta. The new tool allows you to create a pop-up with a form on it which displays the form immediately instead of after a click. You can opt yourself into this beta through the exsiting pop-up forms tool if you're a MH Starter or CMS Hub Starer otherwise you can DM me on here and I can add you into the beta

September 19, 2022 02:39 AM

Hi all,

Just a quick update as a lot of you have been asking for one in recent weeks. I've some good news - the new pop-up tool is out in closed beta now and while  it doesn't have the form functionality just yet, it's nearly ready and if everything goes well this exact feature will likely be availble in beta in the next number of weeks  (sorry I can't be more specific). If you're intersted in testing it, please DM me your email address and your HubSpot Hub ID and I will add you to the list 

March 22, 2022 06:56 AM

Hi @BornaGrunbaum 

Great question. Yes, the good news is that we are updating the whole thing ie it's going to be a brand new tool with a lot more flexibility in terms of design and functionality. We are going to include in terms of analytics is views, clicks and click trhough rate. Is there anything else you would like to see in terms of analytics?

March 21, 2022 08:58 AM

Hi all,

Just to quickly update everyone on where we are with this idea. The good news is that our new pop-up builder is nearly finished and we'll be releasing it into closed beta soon.
While the initial version will not include forms w're planning to add them shortly after realeasing the initial version. This will allow you to create pop-ups with a form on them without the initial step. I will be updating everyone on here when we're ready to release it into beta, 
Hope this helps but if you have any further questions feel free to DM me and I'm happy to help.
Thanks,

Dom

ステータスに更新: In Planning
October 13, 2021 06:43 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Dom, the PM for HubSpot’s CTAs tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now ‘In Planning’ - this means that our engineers are actively building this feature. 

There’s some more good news - we’re actually building a brand new tool (name TBC) that will enable you to build all kinds of pop-ups (not just pop-up forms) and CTAs giving you you a lot more flexibility in terms of how these pop-ups look like, what modules you can add to them and how they get triggered. 

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Dom

April 20, 2021 06:53 AM

Hi @GStewart many thanks for this, suuuper helpful. I sent you a DM to arrange a quick follow up call too!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
April 16, 2021 06:01 AM

Hi Community,

I'm Dom and I’m a Product Manager at HubSpot. We're actively exploring this idea at the moment. I’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases for this feature and generally finding out how folks are currently using CTAs, what’s working and what’s not working. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

81件のコメント
ridingforlife
トップ投稿者

+1

Agreed! Having the user click on a button to display the form just adds an extra step, and therefore friction, to completing and submitting the form.

andreantunes
メンバー

+1

Agreed!

ridingforlife
トップ投稿者

I'd like to add some metrics to this conversation. We have just started using the pop-up modal, almost 2 weeks ago now. When we look at the metrics provided by HubSpot:

6% of callout views click to view the form

64% of form views submit

Now imagine what that form submission might be if there wasn't a call out and the form was immediately presented instead, reducing the extra step and friction of the callout.

alexandran
メンバー

Agreed! We also need this feature. 

justin-aeolidia
メンバー

This is so crucial. Every extra click is a potential bounce, and even the most basic systems like Convertkit and Privy are letting people do this. Beyond that, customizing styles and fonts for pop ups is super limited. This is far and away the most disappointing find since I transferred to Hubspot. 

elituchy
メンバー

This is such an easy fix and would greatly improve conversion rates. Please add ASAP.

cmdiaz
メンバー

It would also be nice to have the option to omit the Thank you at the end. Having the option to bypass the Callout and Thank you would likely help with customers submitting info to the form.  

TMM
メンバー

I 100% agree with this. If a user is already clicking a button on a page to sign up for something, why are we required to ask them to click again? It doesn't make sense. 

user999
参加者

Need this feature! Is this planned at all? This seems like a hygiene thing that Hubspot should have.

user999
参加者

This seems like a hygiene feature that HubSpot should have. Is this planned at all?

cjohnston
メンバー

This NEEDS to be implemented! Too many steps for a user to sign-up for a newsletter etc!

JolitaHarba
メンバー

I was trying to create a pop-up which would encourage a website visitor to download our whitepaper. I was amazed that to do that a person needs to click 3 buttons!!! This is totally crazy. First, on the pop-up, then to submit an email, and finally - to download the file. This is an uneasy journey. 

It's a must to allow pop-up forms which would ask a website visitor for his/her email address, and once a person enters it, he should be able to download the file or maybe it would even make sense to initiate the download automatically. 

JRTV
メンバー

+1

Updating this would result in much better form conversion.

jolo1205
メンバー

Really need this feature

VarunKancherla
メンバー

+1 to this feature

cedricpotvin
メンバー

This feature is a must!

ColleenL
メンバー | Diamond Partner

For a lead generation tool, having an additional step or click is counterintuitive to the purpose of a popup.

HubSpot, oh great one, please hear us!

MManzano
参加者

+1   Seems like a no-brainer

nora_b
参加者

Agreed this is really unexpected behavior for a site popup. People expect to see the form field right away.

MBongberg
メンバー

odd that this doesn't exist and there isn't an obvious workaround.