HubSpot Ideas

hqplus_mathias

Allow for negative priced line items in deal

As explained in my community question there's no way to add items with a price/amount less than zero.

A common use case for our BDRs is to give customers a one-time discount to i.e. offset provider change fees. For that we'd simply add a product to the deal with a negative price.

This way we could also pull that item through the API.

Discounts added in quotes are a no-go as they're not reflected in the deal amount or anywhere else and can't be accessed through an API. Descibed here  and here.

Please consider adding the possibility to add negative priced items to a deal.

25 Kommentare
RCampbell3
Mitglied

We also have a use case for a feature like this, and it would be great if it also allowed a negative Item Cost.

The scenario we have is that we have a product with specific features, but the sales team can offer discounts that remove some of those features. So we would like the margin to be able to reflect the fact that those features are no longer included, and therefore no longer impacting the cost (to us) of the product.

LMichael
Teilnehmer/-in

We would love to be able to use this idea to track account cancellations with deals so we can see not only new business with deals, but also lost business without it positivily affecting overall numbers.

VKent
Mitglied

This is an abolute must. We cannot seem to find a work around to use this with any API's

ahollewell
Mitglied

It seems as though it would just be a simple change to allow negative integers, and would save a bunch of work on our end for what we are trying to accomplish.  It was suggested that we updated here with the suggestions, but curious as to how serious and quickly Hubspot is about taking these ideas and integrating them.  

Anyone heard of any progress being made or individuals looking into accomplishing something like this.  We too haven't been able to find an integration that would work with this as well, would love any suggestions.

WCoore
Mitglied

This is also a feature that would be great for my company as we need to sometime reflect removing an item from the orignal contract. We do this a lot on customer renewals as they decide to switch products I need to be able to reflect any and all changes to my billing team. 

RyGuy
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I definitely love to see this, our use case is similar to buying a cell phone plan that offers a discount if you 'bring your own device'.

If someone chooses X service it will apply a discount to the order.

jkoenig
Mitglied | Elite Partner

We need this feature to manually adjust dashboards for deals that are split between reps as each rep has different split percentages and agreements with two many combinations to set up as product line items.

GregP
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

From going through forum posts, it looks like HubSpot has actually made this situation worse over time, and not better.

@hubspot Is there a reason that this isn't a feature. Your devs had to go out of their way to prevent this use case. Why? Negative line items are quite common in other software, and your users have provided plentiful examples of use cases.

EKDHU
Mitglied

@hubspot We definalty need negative value feature, like discount, credit, equalization etc, for us they are service line item, please consider add this feature.

DFairchild
Mitglied

Defintely need this idea. 

KristenVaruna
Mitglied

Required!

RDobos
Mitglied

+1

TAlfrink
Teilnehmer/-in

For now our workaround is to add a custom field to the deal with the discount amount, and create a workflow that updates the amount and recurring revenue accordingly

(please keep the "+1" comments down and just upvote the idea to keep the spam down)

CBakke
Mitglied

@TAlfrink How do you add the discount if it will not allow a negative integer? 

CBakke
Mitglied

@hubspot - we are trying to begin using Hubspot for all contracting but when I found this flaw it stopped us. We need to be able to add credit memos and until the negative numbers are allowed this is a show-stopper. If there are any workarounds please let us know because we are going to have to look at alternative products now and stop the growth with Hubspot as this was something I was very clear we would be doing and could do with Salesforce. 

TAlfrink
Teilnehmer/-in
We added a custom field. We're not adding a line item for the discount, we
just calculate the Amount and recurring revenue fields based on the custom
field + line items
CBakke
Mitglied

Thank you so much @TAlfrink that makes sense. 

QPatrouillard
Mitglied

@hubspot How has this feature not moved forward into priority or at least offer a sustainable workaround? 

We also need a cancelling invoice that gives back the "fake sold products" into our system. Real full crediting option 

MDUPRAT
Teilnehmer/-in

@hubspot We aloso need negative value feature for lines items. The results are false because we are forced to add the amount of credit instead of subtracting it. And it's really a problem because we can't even do calculations in the dashboards to compensate.

GregRussak
Mitglied

Add me to the list of customers who would like to have negative value line items in Deals.